2014 FPIU "ready for the road" package with up-fit.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
The vehicle was ordered through a civilian Ford dealership, hence the salesman didnt offer the optional spot light.

The vehicle came with the ready for the road package installed.

A few pros: They did fix the back light on the controller, wire harnesses were easy to find and they do include the Whelen up-fit wires for the cencom.

a few cons: The front ions in the grill are exactly where the setina push bumper supports come through and the cencom wire to the console is 15feet too long.

Whelen justice in 55"

whelen cencom,

Whelen vertex's front and rear

whelen halo system in front turns signals

whelen speaker behind bumper

whelen ions front and rear

10-8 SD-2 video system

havis AS-14 console

Motorola CDM vhf radio

Stalker dual radar

Setina partition with rp

Adamson rear cargo screen

setina push bumper with wings

streamlight stinger flashlight

motorla XTS portable and charger

Progard gun rack made to go verticle.

Sandy Twp Car 2 FPIU 2014 Slideshow by fdny5555 | Photobucket

trim37114A4A-ACB7-4913-BE3A-30A14E528212_zpsb3e87742.mp4 Video by fdny5555 | Photobucket

trim2D8169D1-40E1-4891-99D8-675B89E490A5_zpse1042595.mp4 Video by fdny5555 | Photobucket

trimC629526E-5927-4B16-905F-88A569D3DB5B_zpscdb105a9.mp4 Video by fdny5555 | Photobucket

trimB8733647-63D4-4561-8E9C-AC05627BDEE2_zpsb5395c6b.mp4 Video by fdny5555 | Photobucket

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks good, but Where's the vid, Ryan?

Also, how did you get the halos to work on the NGPIU , or is there a possibility of whelen being smart & Re-releasing them?

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Hmm maybe I used the term halo's incorrectly. These are the replacement units whelen is offering that is a clear warning light and an amber turn signal light.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
pdk9 said:
Looks good, but Where's the vid, Ryan?

Also, how did you get the halos to work on the NGPIU , or is there a possibility of whelen being smart & Re-releasing them?

I was looking through the option lists for Ford PPV's, and the combo LED PTW (Park/Turn/Warn) for wig wag simulation offered. So I guess Whelen makes the HALO exclusively for Ford. The PTW is offered on bot the Taurus and Explorer.

ryan said:
The vehicle was ordered through a civilian Ford dealership, hence the salesman didnt offer the optional spot light.

Every Ford dealership is a 'civilian', or retail dealership. They all have the ability to sell fleet ehicles. Some dealerships decide to have fleet sales departments. When an agency puts a bid out for cars, the different dealerships are the ones bidding for the contract, Ford sells the cars at the same price to every dealership. In the case of this car, either the agency failed to spec the spotlight, or did not want one.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
In response to civilian. They chose to order this car from a local small town dealership which doesn't sell fleet vehicle or police prep vehicles often. Not like the ford dealership who holds the state bid for police cars. So when I say the salesman dropped the ball is because when I picked up the vehicle from the dealership I asked the salesman what was missing on the vehicle he had no clue. When I asked him were the spotlight was he said that I have to put them on. When I said no that ford and unity both do not recommend aftermarket installation if spot lights on fpiu he was like duhhhhhh he had no clue. I said there are 6 different options on spot lights he could have sold he looked dumbfounded.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Are you working out of a mini-storage?

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I own the well not so mini storage. It is a building 116 x 40. Divided into 8 bays. I nought it 2 years ago and am going to eventually take a wall down between doors 1 and 2. But I currently have tenants that I agreed to keep for 4 years plus they pay my mortgage. All the units are Drywaller with fire stops and have electric and lights in them.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
The department should have passed on the ready for the road package, that money could have been much better allocated. Install looks good though.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
acala91 said:
The department should have passed on the ready for the road package, that money could have been much better allocated. Install looks good though.

I have not seen the Explorer, but the Taurus with the PTW lights that come in the ready for the road are rather impressive.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I agree they are nice but in what appears to be an install with a limited equipment budget, a Cencom isn't necessary for a basic Justice, some ions and a few LAWs; a 295SLSA6 would work nicely and be a whole lot cheaper.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Justice came off of their previous explorer. Trust me I would rather the labor and up charge of equipment would have went in my pocket over the ford dealer but I wasn't the only one weighing in on the spec process.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Oh of course, this has nothing to do with your involvement with the vehicle but the poor choices of the purchaser.

canonninja

Aug 27, 2013
Houston, Tx
sweet deal. that rear cargo screen from Adamson/progard is EXACTLY what I've been looking to install on my 2013 PI Ute... Thoughts on it? Install issues? I was hoping to retain the folding seat capability and this looks like it would work and unscrew in about 30 seconds

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.