2014 Mustang NY Volly POV, 2 Feniex Cobra 2X

smackjack21

Aug 22, 2012
Upstate NY
As the title says, this is my 2014 Mustang coupe. NY volly means lights are courtesy only, hence the lack of intersection, and other side/rear lighting. Do have plans for a pair of T6's on the rear license plate in the near future, and yes to the hundreds of feniex dealers on here, I already have what i need :p . Even though I wanted a full interior bar, I ended up going with a pair of Feniex Cobra 2x's with headliner mounts, and am very satisfied with the result. I went with one b/b and one w/w, and rewired them to b/w and w/b, to sync, and to run off one power cord. I will try and get some interior shots if anyone is interested, so let me know. At this time I haven't really hidden any wiring, just wrapped the excess around the RVM mount and plugged it in the cig outlet at the top center of the dash. Attached is a short video of the lights in direct sunlight. I could of done a night time video that just made everything a blur and look crazy bright but wanted it to look realistic. These lights are stupid bright though.

Let me know what ya guys and gals think!

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Those mustangs are looking pretty sleek. The front looks good, a pair of Whelen interweave Par36 would be perfect in the grill. It would make it look like a GT, you get your extra fog lights and then some extra warning power on top of it. Its a great start though, nice job.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice car but I would've gone with solid blue cobras (the entire drivers side dual unit alternating with the entire passenger side dual unit would make a bigger footprint)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Looks alot cleaner I think. How did it all mount up? Can't wait to see the rest of the install.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Don't ever doubt the need for all around warning. Just saying.

Looks good up front, however. Isn't it illegal to have white or clear to the front as a vollie in NY though?

smackjack21

Aug 22, 2012
Upstate NY
Here is the simple mount solution I came up with. mustang cobra 2x mount.jpg I had to drill some new holes in the shroud to fit the contour of the headliner near the overhead console. On the bracket itself, I just had to cut out enough of a hole to allow the inside sun visor bracket to mount to the headliner, but not too big that it would be able to slide around. Just reverse it for the other side. I'm really trying to avoid cutting and modifying the car too much in case I trade it in a few years down the road, but it sure is tempting! I liked the b/w split just to break it up a bit, and I'm not too worried about the legal fine print as its pretty lax around here, provided your not getting yourself into trouble in other ways.

emt111

Jun 10, 2011
New York
chittshrek said:
nice looking just want to point out clear/white is illegal for vol in NY. I am also a vol in the Syracuse area.

JPolston said:
Don't ever doubt the need for all around warning. Just saying.

Looks good up front, however. Isn't it illegal to have white or clear to the front as a vollie in NY though?

As a volunteer in NY, I have never heard of white being illegal in NY. While yes technically it is only listed in that it can be combined with red lights on emergency vehicles, I've never seen anyone get in trouble for it or consider it an emergency color compared to a courtesy color. And if his chief and local pd don't have a problem with it then who cares?

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
emt111 said:
As a volunteer in NY, I have never heard of white being illegal in NY. While yes technically it is only listed in that it can be combined with red lights on emergency vehicles, I've never seen anyone get in trouble for it or consider it an emergency color compared to a courtesy color. And if his chief and local pd don't have a problem with it then who cares?

This. I have always ran blue/clear and never once had a problem. Problems start whenever you get into the flashing reds

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.