2014 Ram 1500 Build

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Hey all,

As most of you know I picked up my new ram around May and spent a few months making decisions and purchasing items. I've mostly got it to where I want it... for now. I'm sure there will be many additional upgrades in the future, but for now its where I want it to be.

Started life as a 14' laramie ecodiesel crew with pretty much all the bells and whistles, save for the running boards and the air suspension. Pretty much every other option was there for that trim level.

Added more generic options:

-Mopar running boards, black.
-Weathertech weatherbeater mats, front/back
-Rhino bed liner
-Leer 100XQ
-Dealership "factory" front window tint

Now it gets interesting (equipment):

-Setina PB400 with PB-8 fender wrap
-(2) Lightforce 240 Blitz HID lamps
-(2) Whelen dual slimline pioneer led lights
-Speaker and bracket
-Feniex 4200
-Chargeguard
-Blue Sea Systems -ST Blade Fuse Block - 12 Circuits with Negative Bus and Cover
-Blue Sea Systems - AMI / MIDI Safety Fuse Block
-Tomar 200-4-4 High Power
-Tomar 930L-24-200-8
-"noisemaker"
-30 Feet of 12-3; 14-4 trailer cable
-60 feet of 16-6 trailer cable
-25 feet of 2 gauge welding cable
-another 100-150 feet of wire between 4 gauge to 18 gauge
-about 40 weatherpack connectors
-one pair of Anderson Powerpole connectors -4 gauge and 2 gauge
-25 feet of CAT5 Cable
-40 feet of CAT6 Cable
-misc connectors not listed above
-bed slide
-14 gauge aluminum diamondplate
-truck vault
-5 feet of 4 inch aluminum (L) angle
-bolts, nuts, nylon locknuts, washers galore, etc

-blood sweat tears curse words, and so forth.

2014-09-25 13.57.28 edit.jpg

2014-09-24 14.47.45 edit.jpg

2014-09-18 14.13.29 edit.jpg

More photos to come in a few days or so..

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
Looks good. My only concern/comment is in regards to the wiring panel. I would suggest some type of protective covering due to possible water intrusion into the cap. Either through the window or between the cap and bed.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Cap is fully sealed to the truck box and the windows are sealed against leaking.

With that said it's on the future list of stuff to do. Most likely will be bent smoked plexiglass.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
How's the eco diesel treating you? I've heard some not-so-pleasant things about the milage and maintenance costs.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Can you explain the wiring board components etc? Thanks.
I have another install thread on the board.
How's the eco diesel treating you? I've heard some not-so-pleasant things about the milage and maintenance costs.
No complaints save for the price of an oil change. What issues have you heard of?

Mileage is always under 10L/100km in the city and have gotten it all the way down to 7.5L/100km.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
No complaints save for the price of an oil change. What issues have you heard of?

Mileage is always under 10L/100km in the city and have gotten it all the way down to 7.5L/100km.
Yeah, the oil changes were one of them.  I also saw from a Car and Driver LTT that it was drinking DEF much faster than advertised.  Their average fuel econ was closer to 8.5 KPL too.  If that thing can average 10L/100km or better I would seriously consider picking one of those up.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
What did you do for a console in this just curious as I am looking for a new ram
Nothing... Yet.  I have the centre console and am going to have someone make a custom one off centre console insert which will replace the cup holders/cubby pocket right beside them. (where the doritos bag is currently located)

I just need to get my hands on one of those parts to send for the laser scanning...

For now the 4200 contoller is just sitting forward of that, in the (what I call) the coin trap.

2014-11-14 00.15.22.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cawensel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.