2014 Silverado 2500 Fire POV

smackjack21

Aug 22, 2012
Upstate NY
Install in my buddy's Silverado 2500. Vehicle used for POV station response and Fire Police duties (traffic control, holding intersections, etc)  He previously had a knock off visor light and grill lights in his truck.  I added 6 Feniex Apollo B/A and 2 Feniex T6 on a rear license plate bracket.  Apollos are blue on Mode 1 and Amber on mode 2 for snow plowing.  All lights were wired to a Galls 6 function switch box that he had and wanted to use.  Visor bar, Grills, blue sides, rears and amber sides are on seperate switches with one left blank for time being. Finished up a little late to get a respectable video tonight, so the night time one is all I have for now.  Future plans include revamping the grill lights, possibly more apollo dual mode stuff.  Would love to hear some constructive criticism!  

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
I like it overall. Would get larger grille lights Whelen M4/6/7s are my favorites. Now if he just has to have dual color I would use dual stacked Sound off Nforce.

Reactions: smackjack21

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I also would've liked to see larger grill lights. I like everything except for the split pattern on the rear LP lights and think that the rear headliner is just screaming for something (in this case, the SNM E66 dual color would probably suit his needs best)

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I agree it needs larger grille lights. The rears should not be split.  And add some warning higher up.  I am not against lights that are placed lower on the vehicle but I would add something to the rear windows.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I agree with some of the points above- keep the LP lights on solid patterns and put something in the back window. Just another pair of comparable lights would work. Otherwise I think it looks really good. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.