2014 Washington Co. Sheriff's interceptor utility

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
2014 Ford Interceptor Utility

There is only one change from last year, it is the legacy lightbar and it makes a big difference. I am impressed with how much brighter and effective this light bar is over ones of the past. The wecan programing is something else I like about this lightbar, it make it easy to chose the patters you want and to have different patterns for all 3 positions of the slide switch.

Whelen Legacy lightbar

Whelen Cen Com Sapphire

Whelen Micro Pioneer

Whelen Pioneer flasher

Whelen Ion wide angle

Whelen vetex in rear tail lights

Setina Front and rear cage

Setina double Gun rack

Setina PB-400 Push bumper

Havis console

Motorola XTL 5000 800 mhz radio

Motorola XPR4550 VHF radio

Gamber Johnson Computer stand

Stalker Dual radar

Innovative Products Inc. magnetic mic holder

P1000369.jpgDSC00881.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

Troop

Nov 14, 2013
East Coast
Nice looking truck. I think a light on the front dash and another one inside the rear glass would really add a lot, though.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The snow is a nice touch. Haha!

Simple, sharp, and effective looking setup. Those Pioneers look like a killer alternative to a HLF. I would love a long range shot of them to see how good they look at a distance.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I would NOT want to have those pioneers pull up behind me lol. WC Sheriff still has one of my favorite overall lighting/graphics packages on ELB; simple flash patterns, plenty of bright punch, & killer decals!

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
Great use of the Pioneers. Been trying to sweet talk my agency into testing a Utility and one of the wishes was a pair of Pioneers mounted just as you did on the vehicle with a couple of the fog light inserts CHP style, synced with them.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Our vehicles use blue only and I will try to take a video Friday of the pioneers from a distance so you can get a better idea of how effective they are.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I just now got a chance to do a video of the pioneers flashing from two different distances so here it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
JGpublicsafety said:
..., only dislike is the lack of 360 and intersection lighting.

?

The IONs on the push bumper don't qualify for intersection lighting?

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Fleetcomm - I'm curious/intrigued by the magnetic mic doohicky. I looked at their website, and my only question is - how strong is the magnet? I'm on a lot of washed out, potholed dirt roads and don't want my mic falling off and dangling on the floor and bouncing around getting keyed up when I go over a bunch of bumps at speed. It's mounted vertically on the dash of my Explorer alongside the AM/FM radio.

And on topic, I'd prefer a single wigwag on the Pioneers at 60-75 FPM. Are there any TD's in the bar? But still a very nice install.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
PJD642 said:
Fleetcomm - I'm curious/intrigued by the magnetic mic doohicky. I looked at their website, and my only question is - how strong is the magnet? I'm on a lot of washed out, potholed dirt roads and don't want my mic falling off and dangling on the floor and bouncing around getting keyed up when I go over a bunch of bumps at speed. It's mounted vertically on the dash of my Explorer alongside the AM/FM radio.

And on topic, I'd prefer a single wigwag on the Pioneers at 60-75 FPM. Are there any TD's in the bar? But still a very nice install.

The Magnetic Mic is strong. When you get the mic near the bracket it'll "suck" the mic to the mount. You won't have an issue with it falling off.

Jan 11, 2012
New England
ryanm said:
?
The IONs on the push bumper don't qualify for intersection lighting?

Yes , the ION's do qualify as intersection warning, however from experience I believe that it is entirely more effective to have something more towards the center, perhaps in the rear passenger window, or on a utility a dual avenger in the cargo area window is highly effective. It's no fun getting t-boned lol but that's just my opinion.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
PJD642 said:

There are take downs on the bar. The magnetic mic holders are very strong and if you are not carefull you will get a blood blister if you get your finger between the mic and the magnet. You will not have a problem, I started using them 2 years ago after C2installs introduced me to the company at Police fleet expo. My officers love them and I have them in my work vehicle and could not be happier.

Last edited by a moderator:

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
kitn1mcc said:
nice install

any factory installed items

Nothing is factory installed because I can buy the lights I want and install them much cheaper than the factory. I like doing all that in house.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
JGpublicsafety said:
nice and clean, love the pioneers, only dislike is the lack of 360 and intersection lighting.

I have the ION's on the front and flash the alley lights on the lightbar and it seems to be effective and fit our needs.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i love this. one of my favorite. has perfect amount of equipment, with the right lights in the right places. simple and to the point.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
very simple but effective! I like the simple pattern on the light bar, not a crazy seizure pattern.my only concern would be the rear, only the hideaways and the rear of the bar. Maybe amber license plate lights or a bar in the rear window. That would be the only thing I would add, but as is, very nice. Love the pioneers. I've seen them flash like that on fire engines, so on that vehicle, I don't even think the video would even do them justice.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
crt6mrt-265 said:
Maybe amber license plate lights or a bar in the rear window. That would be the only thing I would add, but as is, very nice.

That was my only flaw I could find. I've noticed as time has gone along that I'm less and less impressed by hideaways. I'd have simply not used the blue in the tail lights, then replaced it with a DUO stick at the top of the back window sync'd with the lightbar to augment it when close to the vehicle, then increase the sync'd foot print at distance.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Hollywood said:
That was my only flaw I could find. I've noticed as time has gone along that I'm less and less impressed by hideaways. I'd have simply not used the blue in the tail lights, then replaced it with a DUO stick at the top of the back window sync'd with the lightbar to augment it when close to the vehicle, then increase the sync'd foot print at distance.

Thanks you for the comments I really like the exchange of ideals and I like other peoples opions it give you the chance to look at problems in a different way. I would have to agree with you as I am not overly impressed with hideaways either they are effective at night and not so much during the day time. The reason we use them in the tail lights and not a rear bar is when the officer is retrieving equipment from the rear of his utility and has the hatch open either rear bar will flash strait up or in the officers face depending on where you mount it and neither has a good result and is really bad at night. I would like to have a better option for this but it is our solution untill we have a ideal. I know we can put them in the bottom of the rear hatch but they only work when you have the hatch open.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I've seen some installs that when the rear hatch is opened, there is a kill switch that activates for a rear cut off but then a small lights like vertexes are on the under side of the hatch that activate. Not sure what type of switch but that's always an option so the one opening the rear isn't blinded.

occram

Sep 22, 2010
New Jersey
crt6mrt-265 said:
I've seen some installs that when the rear hatch is opened, there is a kill switch that activates for a rear cut off but then a small lights like vertexes are on the under side of the hatch that activate. Not sure what type of switch but that's always an option so the one opening the rear isn't blinded.

Sounds like you're looking for a mercury tilt switch. There are mercury-free alternatives also.

Amazon.com: Mercury Tilt Switch: Electronics

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I have used non-mercury switches on tahoes we have but, they are slicktops.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.