2015-2016 Tahoe HLF/TLF Question

AggiePhil

Jul 17, 2010
Southwest
On the 2015+ Tahoe PPVs, can the factory HLFs and TLFs be split up so that they can be activated independently? We're being told by our installer that they have to come on together but we'd like to have only the TLFs come on in position 1 and then everything come on in 2 and 3. Thanks in advance!

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Chevy's do wire them together but you can make it flash them separately. I've uploaded the page from the upfitter's guide that states how to do it. It's the last paragraph under 6J7.

Attachments

• 2015 Flasher.pdf
    130.5 KB · Views: 25

Jul 14, 2014
NV
I'm suprised your installer would tell you that. Our 2016 Tahoe with the 6J7 came with a form in the glove box detailing how to separate the wire.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
On the 2015+ Tahoe PPVs, can the factory HLFs and TLFs be split up so that they can be activated independently? We're being told by our installer that they have to come on together but we'd like to have only the TLFs come on in position 1 and then everything come on in 2 and 3. Thanks in advance!
Your installer is either lazy or lacks the correct knowledge to do it or both.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
I see how to separate them but how do you just use the headlight flasher alone with out the tail light. The blue green wire will flash just tail so you can activate that with switch one. But if I wanted hlf alone anyone know how

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
you isolate the blue-green wire. Don't tie to a switch just cut the wire and cap it off. That should isolate the TLF and prevent it from flashing.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
That's what I thought but hat wire just controls the tlf only if grounded when not connected to anything everything flashes. I dunno if over looking it. Or do you put that wore to 12v and it does front only.? I'm stumped

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
FYI for everyone I found out how to do it. Thanks to Kerr ind.
Cut the black wire leaving about 2" at the hlf module and cap both ends

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.