2015 Cherokee

pdunaway

Aug 7, 2010
Plymouth, NH
Hello all!

I just purchased a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. I'm looking for any advice or recommendations for lighting on it (see attached pics). I removed the setup from my 04 Tahoe and here is what I have.

Whelen Inner-Edge (LIN3/TIR3)

Feniex Apollo (6 head bar)

Whelen HHS2200

6 TIR3 (Whelen)

2 Tomar iLed (3×7).

Does anyone know if Feniex Cannons will fit in the front/rear lights?

This will be a project, so it may take a while. Thanks for the help!

Patrick

uploadfromtaptalk1438694486692.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438694494671.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438694501469.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
The headlights are going to be a pain in the ass to get to. If you are willing to get that far they may work in there. The tail lights are LED right? I remember it being kinda sketchy getting to the reverse portion so I didn't do LAWs. If you are trying for behind the grill, the horn sits on the passenger side, where the two grille pieces are. I had to move the horn to fit lights in there and make them symmetrical. The back side lights are okay for lights on a L bracket. Rear shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Hello all!

I just purchased a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. I'm looking for any advice or recommendations for lighting on it (see attached pics). I removed the setup from my 04 Tahoe and here is what I have.

Whelen Inner-Edge (LIN3/TIR3)

Feniex Apollo (6 head bar)

Whelen HHS2200

6 TIR3 (Whelen)

2 Tomar iLed (3×7).

Does anyone know if Feniex Cannons will fit in the front/rear lights?

This will be a project, so it may take a while. Thanks for the help!

Patrick
Trying to reuse as much of what you already have, is recommend the following:

FRONT

--2 Tomar 3x7s mounted vertically on grill slots

--a Tahoe vehicle-specific ILB won't fit in a Cherokee. You'll either have to replace it with a smaller universal mount ILB (& modify the brackets and flashback shield to get it as snug against the windshield as possible) or get a powerful dash light like the dual viper spectralux or dual avenger duo/trio

SIDE

--2 TIR3 on 10-75 bracket

--2 TIR3 in rear side windows with L-brackets

REAR

--Apollo on headliner

--2 TIR3 on LP bracket

I'd consider upgrading the TIR3's to a 6 diode lighthead of some sort (there are so many to choose from of all different price ranges). As for the tail lights, are they simple pop-in halogen bulbs? If so, you can replace them with cannons to serve as your taillight and warning light

pdunaway

Aug 7, 2010
Plymouth, NH
Thanks! The inner edge wasn't vehicle specific. I was thinking about doing a Feniex passenger side half ILB.

The taillights are LED unfortunately. So maybe just rear license plate lights and Apollo for the rear.

Reactions: tsquale

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Thanks! The inner edge wasn't vehicle specific. I was thinking about doing a Feniex passenger side half ILB.

The taillights are LED unfortunately. So maybe just rear license plate lights and Apollo for the rear.
Also, nothing against the Apollo, but for rear window applications, I usually recommend TIR optics (ie feniex cobra, whelen dominator, SNM E66) as opposed to linear optics (ie Apollo, dominator plus linz6) to get the bang for your buck. The Strobes N More E66 duo color lightstick flashes red, blue, or red/blue with Amber TA override option at a very economical price. That way, if $ is a bit tight, you can swap the Apollo lightstick for a passenger side ILB version or (if you're creative with ABS and don't have wires/obstructions behind the RVM) turn the lightstick into your own ILB centered above the RVM.

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
We just built an undercover one and it was one of my favorites just because of how undercover it was. Here is what you can do:

Feniex cannons 120, In the rear backup lights, replace the backup bulb, and in the lower reflector area on the bumper (you have to "burn the hole in, as a drill bit will go to deep).

You can also mount them next to the license plate lights facing down. This will give you additional warning flashing off the liscense plate light when the tailgate is down, but when the tailgate is up  the license plate lights go up with the tailgate and face backward when the gate is up.

For the grill, Federal Signal Micro pulse 300 worked Really well in the grill slats. we used 4 of them. You will have to fabricate a bracket but there are bolts to attach it to.

Do you have fog lights? If not, get the fog light housing and mount a cannon inside of them.

And for my next trick, Flash the DRL led lights. (as a note, the headlight are NOT the area that is more in line with the "jeep" badge. This is the the DRL and Turn signal, They are lower, kinda hidden, and they are projector). Money poorly spent trying to put hideaways in there, BUT you can flash the drls with a standard LED flasher,  it is just a little tricky. Jeep sends a 12 volt signal to turn them on (which is what you would tie into) and then they send a 12 volt signal to Dim them (which you would need to isolate) The dim function is on when the headlights are active, so even if you put in the flasher, as soon as you turn on the headlights, the DRLs will be in "DIM" mode, and so will the flashing function. If you isolate that, they will always be bright.

To mount the stuff, there is a hidden compartment under the passenger seat. We cut out the bottom and mounted the fuse block and HHS2200 siren to the floor. To access each item you move the seat forward and back. That was pretty much the only area to mount stuff in this beast.

The gun lock is neat how it worked out. The area that it is in fits an ar-15 perfectly. And we control it by a hidden magnetic switch  mounted under a plastic panel somewhere in the vehicle. You have to know where it is at to pop the lock.

2015-07-22 13.18.55.jpg

2015-07-22 13.26.59.jpg

2015-07-22 13.27.26.jpg

2015-07-22 13.27.35.jpg

2015-07-22 13.28.03-1.jpg

2015-07-22 13.28.03-2.jpg

2015-07-22 13.28.20-1.jpg

Video

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
25CK117

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.