2015 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab

dweeks32091

Jan 25, 2015
Northeast FL
I recently purchased a new 2015 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab edition and outfitted it with the following:

2 - Feniex Apollo 2x red/white

2 - Feniex Cobra T-6 red/white

I'm still trying to decide what exactly to do for the rear warning, but for now, I'm happy with the front. Tell me what you guys think! Sorry for the short video.

Last edited by a moderator:

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Nice truck! I'm driving a 2008 Colorado now, and hoping that the new model will be my next truck.

I think your next priority should be some intersection and side warning. Maybe a pair of Apollos on the fog light blanks and T6s in the side windows

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The easy solution for the rear is a Cobra600

dweeks32091

Jan 25, 2015
Northeast FL
I actually have an all red Cobra 600, but I'm not sure how to mount it. I'm trying to avoid having to drill any holes into the headliner or anything like that. I was also considering some Feniex Cannons in the rear lights or something along those lines. 

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
The 2015 has active grill shutters, highly advised not putting anything in the grill that might disrupt airflow. Doing so might void GM warranty in the event of any engine or cooling related issues.

The fog light areas are good real estate. A HLF if legal. Cannons in the tails and CHiMSL/cargo light housing.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I'm looking at the Colorado, how is it with space inside with the crew cab?

The 2015 has active grill shutters, highly advised not putting anything in the grill that might disrupt airflow. Doing so might void GM warranty in the event of any engine or cooling related issues.

The fog light areas are good real estate. A HLF if legal. Cannons in the tails and CHiMSL/cargo light housing.
By grill shutters, I'm assuming the grill has areas that can open and close in response to airflow for additional cooling of the engine compartment?

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I just read that on Chevy site, I don't think it's the whole grill? my soundoff nforce's would look so nice in that grill too

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
I'm not sure about the Colorado but the grill on my friends impala the grill looks the same but it's just the center about foot that's the actual grill. And the entire opening is active shutters.

That said if it is the same that means you can punch a few small holes and mount them.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I just found the GMC version, even sicker and I will post if I am able to get one.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I like the placement, but wish the Apollos were sync'd as solid colors.

RR against WW

WW against RR

I think that would give it more pop.
^^^What he said fo' sho'.  Red and white compliment very well.  Do the 600 in the rear wind'er (or tailgate if there is room) and all you need is a bit of side warning, maybe something in the bed/cab joint area or along the rockers.  Good start though.

Not to get off topic, but how is the ride in that?  The older Canyon/Colorados were notorious for being very stiff.

dweeks32091

Jan 25, 2015
Northeast FL
The new Colorados have a completely different feel to them than their older counterparts. Its a very smooth ride and surprisingly decent gas mileage; I'm average 22.4 mpg. As for the room in the crew cab, it's great. I was originally looking at the extended cab, however there was hardly any room. The crew cab feels very spacious and I have no issues with hauling around equipment or people. 

I'll probably end up moving the 600 to the back like you guys have suggested

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
That's pretty good mileage.  My Silverado with all the crap on/in it gets about 17-18.  My last ride was a 99 S10, loved that truck.  Almost got a Canyon in 07 but didn't like the ride.  Bout time Chevy refined them.

Looking forward to see what else you do to your ride.  Pics and more video!!

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
For the OP. I know this is an old thread but hoping you can help since there isn't much on these trucks. I just got a 2016 GMC Canyon and I need to mount a siren speaker upfront somewhere. Any chance you put a speak on your truck? Wondering were you put it if you did....I have these stupid electric flaps in front of the radiator so I can't go there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.