2015 Chevy Silverado POV

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
OK, so the Saturn Vue I had, started showing its age, so with a new job and pay raise, comes my dream truck. Now as of now this is a lease, with intent to buy, but JUST INCASE I am not doing any hoes drilled. With that said the rear of the truck is VERY tough to light up. My headliner does not have the garment hooks like previous models, and I have a power rear window so the track for it also cause some mounting headaches. Running the power cable from the rear to the cab actually was not that bad. I found a grommet just under the drivers side floor, and ran it in. My grill lights for now have the wires coming in by the door, as the weather got to 96 here this weekend and I just had enough. Eventually I will get it into the same grommet. I got two quick videos thus far. The rear lights I had, and wanted to see how I liked the T6's back there, change of color will come soon as these will be on my front license plate bracket.

Note: Install is done with all of my previously owned lights. I was thinking of putting 4 T6's in the grill in the center open area by the chevy logo. thoughts on that over the current?

Vehicle: 2015 Chevy Silverado Texas edition LS W/1LT

Use: EMS/Emergency Management

Front:

Windshield:  2x Soundoff Signal Nforce B/W  single dash with steady override white option

Grill:  2x Sound off signal Nforce B/W with White override.

Rear:

Feniex Cobra T6's B/W on bracket

Future:

Intersection bracket with t6's that are currently in the rear.

Some type of rear bar once I can figure out how to mount one.

Possible running board lights.

https://youtu.be/DZI20ng325c

https://youtu.be/XiqO1O6Whv8

Last edited by a moderator:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Looks good. For the rear bar, I'd go with a 911ep TD/WL 24 or 36. They're light enough that you can use double sided tape to mount it. My co-worker did that in his Jeep and it worked well. The tape residue came off with citrus degreaser.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I LOVE the EZ pass tape ( 3m lock tape) I was thinking of using. Was looking for a light bar, was also thinking of the feniex cobra bars. I had  a SNM E66... way to heavy lol

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Note: Install is done with all of my previously owned lights. I was thinking of putting 4 T6's in the grill in the center open area by the chevy logo. thoughts on that over the current?

Vehicle: 2015 Chevy Silverado Texas edition LS W/1LT

Use: EMS/Emergency Management

Front:

Windshield: 2x Soundoff Signal Nforce B/W single dash with steady override white option

Grill: 2x Sound off signal Nforce B/W with White override.

Rear:

Feniex Cobra T6's B/W on bracket

Future:

Intersection bracket with t6's that are currently in the rear.

Some type of rear bar once I can figure out how to mount one.

Possible running board lights.
Wow, what an improvement from a Saturn Vue. I'm too lazy to google it, so refresh my memory on what the Texas Edition has? Also, are you allowed a siren?

Honestly, I'd move the grill nforce to the rear LP (and wire them to steady burn with the reverse lights), and then put M7's in the upper portion of the grill. Although T6s would be more covert than lights in front of the grill, I think the M7's in front of the grill would be more bright/effective (and easier to install, while only costing about $5 at Lowes/HD)

For the rear lightstick, maybe consider a microman stick? Inexpensive, slim, and lightweight, since it doesn't have the rugged housing that exterior dominator-type lightsticks have.

For side warning, I would forget about the running board lights and go with intersectors (even if u don't buy the truck, I don't think they'll inspect the bottom side of the mirrors for a mounting hole) and its more effective since its a linear light that's mounted higher up. Also, if u add a toolbox, that'd be a great mounting platform for some side-facing nforce. Another option if u don't get a toolbox is to mount nforce in the rear side windows on swivel brackets held to the window sill with 3M double sided tape

How often do u respond in this POV? If you can justify spending the money, maybe move the nforce to the lower dash and get an ILB on the headliner?

HLF & TLF (assuming you're allowed to use them) are always a given with no-drill installs

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I don't respond TOO much only major emergencies, actually had a page yesterday afternoon that got cancelled and the front worked very well. NJ no sirens or HLF.

I am playing with funds, would like a Feniex Apollo interior as I do have a stretch of highway to run down. I have done a lot of installations, but not comfortable with intersectors on the mirrors lol. I have the 1075 bracket to put upfront still, and thinking about apollos on the running boards ( just two of them) and that should cover the side. I do have two microman bars in blue white, they actually fit very nicely  on either side with the window, just the mounting is tricky. I might actually attempt replacing my reverse lights with the cannons and do cannon and t6 plates. I already tried the Nforce on the rear license plate, it wont fit well due to the trailer hook ups and spare tire access.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
How come "emergency management" doesn't allow you to use Red/Blue/siren (as opposed to just blue courtesy privileges)?

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Municipal OEM is Blue in jersey, County and State I believe are RED with Siren. I think the Coordinators can also obtain red if needed. Mine is mostly for Squad response, which is blue.

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Blue is not courtesy in NJ, you are required to yield.  Specifically in the State of NJ CERT is not OEM, it may be under their control but they're like Red Cross volunteers just for that town.  OEM (Directors, Deputies and Coordinators) can use any combination of red/blue and siren.

If there's any confusion as to CERT's responsibilities here is the NJOEM website on the matter.

http://www.state.nj.us/njoem/citizen/cert.html

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Im not going to turn this into anything more then my install, CERT varies between all towns, counties and states depending on how far your coordinators would like to go and we are NOT like the red cross what so ever. And I will leave the CERT reference as that.

Back to my install, after a run this weekend, I think my Microman bars are going to be put up in the front like I had on my last vehicle.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
So little update with the vehicle:

Front is now changed to passenger side Apollo blue/white with FLOOD override. this is the f12 version.... WOW TALK ABOUT BRIGHT. I am thinking about changing out the nforce grills and put in 4 t6's in the middle slot in the grill Blue/White/White/Blue. but first is getting the truck fixed after someone hit me.....

Yes I know the position of my cell phone for the recording.... forget about that EVERY TIME.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
So little update with the vehicle:

Front is now changed to passenger side Apollo blue/white with FLOOD override. this is the f12 version.... WOW TALK ABOUT BRIGHT. I am thinking about changing out the nforce grills and put in 4 t6's in the middle slot in the grill Blue/White/White/Blue. but first is getting the truck fixed after someone hit me.....

Yes I know the position of my cell phone for the recording.... forget about that EVERY TIME.

The new Apollo Bar looks good, but I would look for a pattern that flashes all blue then all white.

As for the grill, instead of choosing 4 Apollo F6, I would just go with a pair of widelux 7 x 3.    You can then move the nforce to the side of a toolbox (if you get one) or Runningboard area 

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
that was my playing pattern, the attack pattern I like and it has been changed to that. Funding wise, I like the wide lux but not sure if I will be able to afford them lol. Saving for a house, ring, and wedding along  with having a 2 year old. I sold lights for this bar so, that's why if I sold the nforce, maybe switch to 4 t6's in place.

Sides I have an intersection bracket so far. Wont need a toolbox right now. I was playing with the running boards, just a pain to mount things!!! work in progress though. Thank you!!!

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Don't do white grill lights, that will be too much white with the Apollo. If you are set on the T6s I would go with four blues then double stack them on the sides of the upper grill. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.