2015 Retail Taurus Firewall Breach

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
Hello - I just bought a 2015 Taurus SEL and would like to know the easiest way to get through the firewall to run wires. I have not seen many retail Taurus builds on here and my searching didn't yield any answers. Does anyone have pictures of where the hole or grommet would be or a good place that I could make one?

Thanks!

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
Been a couple years for me, but they are run kind of behind the right front wheel splash shield / inner fender area. If you reach up behind the glovebox, there's a grommet up in there also to get you through the firewall...kind of a PITA to find. I think the very few I worked on were 2012 / 2013s.

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
They run wires through the wheel well? Or am I reading that incorrectly.

Dec 2, 2012
Pender County, N.C.
Pull the glove box out completely, with a flashlight look up high on the firewall to the right of the blower housing for a white plastic filler panel.

I use a step drill on a 24" extension to pop a 1/2" - 3/4" hole in that white plastic part, no worries about hitting anything else with the step drill. I feed 14/6 trailer wire through from inside the vehicle.  You'll have to but a little bit of an upward curl on the wire because it isn't a completely straight shot into the engine compartment.  Fill the remainder of the hole with either quick foam or silicone.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
I drilled my own in the upper right behind the dash up under the glove box. No running wires through wheel wells. The retail Taurus doesnt seem to be as forgiving upfit wise as the PI Sedan. I look forward to seeing your install.

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
I drilled my own in the upper right behind the dash up under the glove box. No running wires through wheel wells. The retail Taurus doesnt seem to be as forgiving upfit wise as the PI Sedan. I look forward to seeing your install.
Thank you. I will definitely be posting a thread in install when it's complete! For now I just have a Pegasus in the front and a cobra 600 in the rear PROPERLY wired, run and heat shrink wrapped (of course) to a cigarette plug hidden in my center console.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
25CK117

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.