DSC01127.JPG

DSC01122.JPG

DSC01120.JPG

DSC01091.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks great! (the lighting, not the truck lol) I love the sync and the flash patterns and the product choices. 

Reactions: dwk270

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Whatever happened to just having the same front end on the pickup as on the SUV version? It's the same truck, they'd save money by having fewer separate parts to build.

...Anyway I do like the lighting. Not too little, but pleasantly conservative.

Reactions: rwo978

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Great install; nice sync & flash patterns. I think it can def use intersectors or those new whelen v-series equivalents

Personally, though, I think it looks better when the running board lights flash in pairs; too bad the customer didn't go that route.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
The only thing I don't like about the new tahoe is the back of them. The rest of it GM has greatly improved, it rides better, it runs better, it handles better, it is quieter, and it get better MPG. I picked it up from the dealer and drove it back 300 miles so I got a good test drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I would have gone with a headlight and taillight flasher. But it's still a great install!

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I would have gone with a headlight and taillight flasher. But it's still a great install!
Wig-wags are going the way of the doe doe bird and the dinosaurs, and the pioneers as we have tested show up better than wig-wags do and as the tail light flasher goes it looks like from the wiring diagrams that will work but it is going to take making up a diode bridge for both sides and might still set a code for lighting problem so I decided to not do that.

Reactions: RDT Car 25

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Where is the pioneer mounted? I didn't see it in the vid. Also, is that a D6+ in the front headliner? I saw a D+ listed under the list, but I didn't see. Quantity (if it's just the rear one or a front one too). If it is one up front, flashback must suck

What is the upfit for?
It looks like an unmarked sheriff/PD unit; my guess is for admin (ie chief/sheriff, undersheriff, captain) since it's basic and not a PPV

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
Where is the pioneer mounted? I didn't see it in the vid. Also, is that a D6+ in the front headliner? I saw a D+ listed under the list, but I didn't see. Quantity (if it's just the rear one or a front one too). If it is one up front, flashback must suck

It looks like an unmarked sheriff/PD unit; my guess is for admin (ie chief/sheriff, undersheriff, captain) since it's basic and not a PPV
I believe that the pioneers are the white grille lights. 

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Love love loveeee the grill set up. And yes, those are slimline Pioneers in the top grill.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere

they are behind the grill on top and can be steady burn also. The d8+ is in the rear upper window and the windshield is an inner edge xlp.

coleman1126

Jul 26, 2010
Columbia, MS
Can you post a couple more pictures of interior.  I see where you mounted the radio but Im trying to get ideas where to mount the siren controller.  I have a 2015 PPV that was ordered with the factory console in it so there is not alot of space Any help/pictures would be appreciated.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Wig-wags are going the way of the doe doe bird and the dinosaurs, and the pioneers as we have tested show up better than wig-wags do and as the tail light flasher goes it looks like from the wiring diagrams that will work but it is going to take making up a diode bridge for both sides and might still set a code for lighting problem so I decided to not do that.
Perhaps for agencies that do not have to be fiscally responsible.  A set of Pioneer SlimLines and flasher will run around $600 not including installation costs.  I suspect agencies with limited funds and individuals will be using $50 headlight flashers for a good long time.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Perhaps for agencies that do not have to be fiscally responsible.  A set of Pioneer SlimLines and flasher will run around $600 not including installation costs.  I suspect agencies with limited funds and individuals will be using $50 headlight flashers for a good long time.
i understand budget constraints for smaller departments i have been in the same position but, the newer vehicles with body control modules and projector headlights has given us new challenges to over come. My cost of a new projector headlight is 480 dollar so the cost of pioneers and a Pflash is not that bad considering i get better front warning and scene lighting and alot more light for my officers.

Reactions: WS224

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
i understand budget constraints for smaller departments i have been in the same position but, the newer vehicles with body control modules and projector headlights has given us new challenges to over come. My cost of a new projector headlight is 480 dollar so the cost of pioneers and a Pflash is not that bad considering i get better front warning and scene lighting and alot more light for my officers.
Awesome Install.  I still love headlight flashers though,  that is what I hate most about the new Fords.  At least with the Tahoes, the low beam is projector and the highbeams are halogen, so headlight flashers can be used. 

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Do you have any pictures of the ions on the running boards? How was the install of those (with fit and contour)?
I just used flush mount ions and screwed them to the running boards. They fit great. It will take awhile to get because I don't have any pictures of them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.