2016 Ford Interceptor Utility Build Help

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Hey all, so I'm in the middle of my first major upfit and I swear I'm gonna go grey or lose my hair! I keep running into unforseen issues left and right... But I have a few questions and I'll probably have more later.

1.) I have the stand alone rear quarter glass Whelen Ions. So there's not a full wiring harness, but they have 2 connectors attached to them one male, one female. I'm assuming it's prewire for if you get the full rear lighting package. But I need a pigtail to activate them. Do I need the male or female attachment? What's the part number? And was Ford supposed to supply those? They already jipped me on other connectors.

2.) I'm mounting a cobra 600 on the rear headliner. I obviously need to make a custom bracket. I'm looking for ideas on how best to quickly and efficiently mount it. I've got an idea for it, but just seeing what's out there and been done.

3.) I just figured out that the rear power junction won't handle what I was budgeting for power. It's only rated for 80 amps, I thought it was more. So, now I've got to run power from the battery to the rear trunk tray. What would be my best route from the battery? Through the fire wall or under the vehicle to the rear? Either one doesn't seem to be a simple route.

This thing is stressing me out left and right, so I appreciate any help. It's a favor for my brother-in-law, whose had problems with previous installers. So that makes it even more stressful. But I appreciate any help that can be given. I'm looking forward to finishing this thing and getting some pics/videos posted for you all.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.