2018 Taurus grille lights

TactMedic

Registered Member
Hi guys !

Currently working on a 2018 Ford Taurus Limited. I need to install at least 2 Feniex Fusion in the grille and if possible 2 others in a X pattern.

After removing the bumper, there is not really enough place to secure them with L brackets. I end up to look at install them directly on the bumper metal frame but I think I will need to make customs brackets because the standard L brackets seems to be too low.

I wonder how do you mount and secure the grille lights on these types of grilles ?

Nolines

Silver Supporter
Gorilla glue!!?? Actually I have yet to see any units around me with grille lights only push bumper setups, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TactMedic

TactMedic

Registered Member
Gorilla glue!!?? Actually I have yet to see any units around me with grille lights only push bumper setups, but I'll keep my eyes open.
Thanks ! I see a lot of these models with Feniex fusion behind the grille or Soundoff Ghosts outside of the grille.

atikovi

These are Federal Signal I believe and are mounted on existing holes and screws between the top of the grill and an appearance panel above it.

IMG_9725.JPG

OP
OP
TactMedic

TactMedic

Registered Member
Thanks everyone ! I finally ends up by printing some 3D brackets and the result is very impressive. The fusions are invisible until they are on. I was hesistating to install them behind the grille due to null side visibility but I had install 2 recess mount Cannons on sides of the bumper cover plus the 2 in the flasher area of the headlight.

If somebody else wants to mount them outside of the grille, the way to do it easily is to install them with 6-32 x 3 inch machine screws, fender washers and nuts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
Spost27
Top Bottom