2020+ FPIU Headlight Wig Wag Patterns

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
Hey everyone. I'm curious to know if anyone knows what the extra 3 flash patterns are for the Ford factory wig wag flashing headlights. The upfitter's guide says there are 3 total patterns but it can only be changed by way of FDRS. I've searched the interwebs up and down and can't find any videos or comments about this. Anyone have any experience with this?Screenshot_20230625_101609_Acrobat for Samsung.png

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
Based on the fact that it's an FDRS option it may only be what flashes when not patterns. Patterns they would have end users ability to change. So like high beams only, high and low, off when lights are on, park kill. Ours are all four when the lights are off and high beams when lows are on. Another departments don't work at all when the headlights are on.

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Hey everyone. I'm curious to know if anyone knows what the extra 3 flash patterns are for the Ford factory wig wag flashing headlights. The upfitter's guide says there are 3 total patterns but it can only be changed by way of FDRS. I've searched the interwebs up and down and can't find any videos or comments about this. Anyone have any experience with this?View attachment 245189
The three patterns are:
(1) standard wig-wag
(2) a triple-flash wig wag (each headlight triple flashes and alternates)
(3) a combined pattern (single flash wig-wag twoe time, then three triple flashes).

I have mine set to the third pattern. Here's a video of it from the driver's seat. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tgTYalq76EYzgjv72A80gI7AQnopcv_6/view?usp=sharing

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
Reactions: fp13-2

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
The three patterns are:
(1) standard wig-wag
(2) a triple-flash wig wag (each headlight triple flashes and alternates)
(3) a combined pattern (single flash wig-wag twoe time, then three triple flashes).

I have mine set to the third pattern. Here's a video of it from the driver's seat. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tgTYalq76EYzgjv72A80gI7AQnopcv_6/view?usp=sharing
That is AWESOME!!! Thank you fp13-2!! That third pattern is the way to go - THAT should be the factory standard flash. Did you have the dealer program it or is that something that can be changed with Forscan?

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
That is AWESOME!!! Thank you fp13-2!! That third pattern is the way to go - THAT should be the factory standard flash. Did you have the dealer program it or is that something that can be changed with Forscan?
I did it with Forscan. I'm fairly certain this is the value that I used. Changed it to 23...I think.

<td>
734-01-01td><td>xxxxtd><td>xxxxtd><td>**--td><td>WigWag Lights: 00=Wigwag Off, 21=Wigwag Pattern 1, 22=Wigwag Pattern 2, 23=Wigwag Pattern 3td>

Reactions: SEPD_52

Munzinger

Oct 15, 2023
PA
2020 FPIU here
Im using the ELM 327 OBD link (from amazon) with forscan
My only options are BCM that Im able to configure that appear in English with words (AWD and PCM appear on list too but hexa values)

Ive searched for anything that starts with 734 to get to the wig wags, but I see nothing there

1) do i need a different module to get more data loaded into forscan
2) if not, then why cant i find what im looking for

thanks

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
2020 FPIU here
Im using the ELM 327 OBD link (from amazon) with forscan
My only options are BCM that Im able to configure that appear in English with words (AWD and PCM appear on list too but hexa values)

Ive searched for anything that starts with 734 to get to the wig wags, but I see nothing there

1) do i need a different module to get more data loaded into forscan
2) if not, then why cant i find what im looking for

thanks
I would need to pull out my laptop to see exactly where those were.

If you are around Harrisburg let me know and worst case I can give you a hand in person with it.

Munzinger

Oct 15, 2023
PA
I appreciate it
I’m getting a different OBD link and will give it a shot later this week when it comes in
Worse comes to worse I’ll reach out to you for help (you’re about an hour away and I’ll come to you )

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
On the stupid side of things from my side but where do you get forscan ??? Is that directly from Ford or is it a separate program I've never had to deal with that yet so that's why I'm asking AKA the stupid side...

Munzinger

Oct 15, 2023
PA
IMG_0373.jpeg
@fp13-2
Ok so I changed the OBD module I’m using and I was able to connect to extra modules and to the headlamp control module.
now I get the 734-01-01
but which of these values do I change ?

Munzinger

Oct 15, 2023
PA
Full
then once you have it loaded , find “hardware ID” , then go back to the forscan site and request free license ID trial (2 months I think) then upload that to forscan (bunch of YouTube videos)

Munzinger

Oct 15, 2023
PA
Didn’t work for me
Tried making them 00 . Saved. Turned off.
Then to 23 . Saved. Turned off.
No wig wags.

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
Didn’t work for me
Tried making them 00 . Saved. Turned off.
Then to 23 . Saved. Turned off.
No wig wags.

I think I know what the issue is...

• Line 734-01-01 is for whether or not the wig wag headlamps function.
    • For your specific vehicle to turn the flashing headlamps on, the "0002" should be "0001".
  • Line 734-01-02 is what pattern they flash if set to function.
1698275301880.png
1698275371482.png

and you 'wrote' those changes before turning the car on and off I assume?

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I think I know what the issue is...

• Line 734-01-01 is for whether or not the wig wag headlamps function.
  • Line 734-01-02 is what pattern they flash if set to function.
View attachment 246994
View attachment 246995
If I remember correctly, I tried that Forscan sheet first, and it did not work for me. So the value I posted above is what I changed. Sorry life's been hectic care. I have a chance to connect and see my thing. I should be able to before the weekend.

Munzinger

Oct 15, 2023
PA
Thank you both for your replies.
I will try this tomorrow when I get home.
@SEPD_52 :
For 734-01: put a value of “1” where the asterisk is? (Middle box, last number)
And then for 734-02: put any value (0,1,2) in the last box, first number?

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
In theory, your screenshot looks correct. I have yet to dive into the codes with FORScan to confirm that 'Livinitup' FORScan spreadsheet code I screenshot'ed.

fp13-2 said they tried a couple codes before they got it so unless someone else can confirm, I've got nothing and have to defer to fp13-2 on this one. I'm going to try this weekend.

We're close to cracking the code. LOL

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
...and I've cracked the code. :D

On my 2023 FPIU, the code line is: 734-01-01-****-****-2175

In the last box, I changed the second digit from a '1' to a '2', wrote all (button at the bottom), cycled the power off and back on and I got the combo headlight flash pattern.

Here is a screen of the HCM setting (I highlighted what I changed):

HCM TRIP - PING PON.PNG

Let us know if it worked.

*NOTE: In the upfitters guide, it is printed multiple times throughout - do NOT connect Pin 1 (orange) on the white 14 pin harness (wig wag wire) to 12v ( +) . To flash the headlights connect Pin 1 to ground ( -).

Last edited:

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
...and I've cracked the code. :D

On my 2023 FPIU, the code line is: 734-01-01-****-****-2175

In the last box, I changed the second digit from a '1' to a '2', wrote all (button at the bottom), cycled the power off and back on and I got the combo headlight flash pattern.

Here is a screen of the HCM setting (I highlighted what I changed):

View attachment 247009

Let us know if it worked.

*NOTE: In the upfitters guide, it is printed multiple times throughout - do NOT connect Pin 1 (orange) on the white 14 pin harness (wig wag wire) to 12v ( +) . To flash the headlights connect Pin 1 to ground ( -).
What SEPD posted is correct. Mine is set to 22 on the value he showed for the combo flash.

Munzinger - are you headlights flashing at all, and just the pattern isn't changing, or are they not even flashing?

Munzinger

Oct 15, 2023
PA
Good morning fellas
I’ll check the wiring tomorrow under the armrest
And I’ll check the code and change it

My lights are doing nothing at all
I’ve flashed the high beams toward me. Turned them on away from me. Put it in drive to see if it would do anything : nothing at all.

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Good morning fellas
I’ll check the wiring tomorrow under the armrest
And I’ll check the code and change it

My lights are doing nothing at all
I’ve flashed the high beams toward me. Turned them on away from me. Put it in drive to see if it would do anything : nothing at all.
I see, that's the issue. You need to have a switch connected to turn the headlight flasher on and off, as SCPD said that wire has to go to ground not to 12 volt positive.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I mostly use Core on these vehicles. I use one of the high amp outputs that can be switched to ground to activate these Wig-Wags. I moved the wrong fuse, and that wig wag wire got 12v positive for a few minutes before I figured out why the WW wasn’t working. Fortunately, it didn’t fry anything. The way they warn you not to do it, I figured something bad would have happened.

Munzinger

Oct 15, 2023
PA
STUPID ORANGE WIRE
That was the issue lol
And just for whoever has this issue next :
734-01-01 is the only one to set
And set it as above (but change 22 to whatever you please 21 22 or 23)
Find the orange wire on the white harness
Ground it to anything you want.

I love you guys. Thank you.

Reactions: SEPD_52 and fp13-2

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
STUPID ORANGE WIRE
That was the issue lol

Glad to hear you got it working!

JackJohnsonCpf

Nov 20, 2023
Indiana
STUPID ORANGE WIRE
That was the issue lol

I'm having a similar problem, and am curious what you mean about the orange wire?

I've followed the above steps (see picture of ASBUILT) but whenever I ground the orange wire - nothing happens. I've used a fuse tester (and the bulb lights, showing some sort of connection) but the wig wags do not activate. I'm looking to see if any of you have ideas.

Should add - its a 2023 FPIU

1700529005352.png

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I'm having a similar problem, and am curious what you mean about the orange wire?

I've followed the above steps (see picture of ASBUILT) but whenever I ground the orange wire - nothing happens. I've used a fuse tester (and the bulb lights, showing some sort of connection) but the wig wags do not activate. I'm looking to see if any of you have ideas.

Should add - its a 2023 FPIU

View attachment 247527
Do your highbeams work? Ive had the wigwag wire not work, and the highbeams didn’t work either. It took pulling the fuse to reset the system.

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Confirming the Orange wire you are grounding is the #1 wire in the white 14-pin connector in the center console, correct? (Not trying to be a jerk - just double checking).

JackJohnsonCpf

Nov 20, 2023
Indiana
Confirming the Orange wire you are grounding is the #1 wire in the white 14-pin connector in the center console, correct? (Not trying to be a jerk - just double checking).
Fair Question, I believe so. I'm using (and I believe the orange wire is) the top LEFT with the connector facing you, and that looks to be correct with the orange wire going into the appropriate spot in the back.

I circled in red the "pole" im using, and yes this is the 14 pin WHITE connector from the center console (that didnt come with a pigtail :) 1700529715069.png

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.