2020+ FPIU Headlight Wig Wag Patterns

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Yup that's the correct one. Odd that it's not coming on though. Unfortunately Ford might be the best place to ask at this point. Other than NoLimit's issue with the fuse (which it doesn't seem to be) I can't think of much else that would make it not work - it's a pretty basic connection, and you seem to have tested about everything you could.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I’ve built a crap load of these cars, and never had them not work. With the other quality issues that Ive seen in these cars, Im not at all surprised though. If it were me,(I had this same problem on 2 or 3 cars) my next steps would be pulling all of the fuses related to headlights, but I think it was the high beam fuse that worked for me. Then reinstalling, to see if that fixes it. If that doesn’t work, Id disconnect the battery for a bit. If that still doesn’t fix it, Id be scouring the car looking for pinched or broken wires. That wigwag wire probably only goes from that plug to the bcm, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to find.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
@JackJohnsonCpf
Did you get this figured out? I just had another one do this. The highbeam indicator on the dash was working, but the actual highbeams weren’t. And the wig-wags were not working. I removed this fuse, then re-installed it, and everything works now.

Attachments

• C9EFB8F9-C596-4292-A312-5B098B5F03C4.jpeg
    C9EFB8F9-C596-4292-A312-5B098B5F03C4.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: fp13-2

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
@NoLimitSquads That's so odd that it's not every FPIU but enough that it's a noticeable issue.
Id say that I see it about once in every 20-30 cars. Maybe a coincidence, but this last car had a master power switch. So you can run the lights with the ignition off. Maybe it has something to do with activating the wigwags while the ignition is off? This car also had the DRLs that you can’t turn off. I don’t know if that played a part in it?

JackJohnsonCpf

Nov 20, 2023
Indiana
@JackJohnsonCpf
Did you get this figured out? I just had another one do this. The highbeam indicator on the dash was working, but the actual highbeams weren’t. And the wig-wags were not working. I removed this fuse, then re-installed it, and everything works now.
Sorry for the delay

The issue ended up being the "tester" I was using did not move enough current to activate the wig wag function........

When I used a proper wire it worked fine, so it was all user error. Thanks for everyone's help

Reactions: SEPD_52

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Just for the sake of conversation does anybody know the pattern and set up for 2017 FIPU I have a guy that has one that's asking for it he can't seem to get his pattern out...

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Just for the sake of conversation does anybody know the pattern and set up for 2017 FIPU I have a guy that has one that's asking for it he can't seem to get his pattern out...
I believe the 2020 model year was the first year the headlight flasher was factory. So on the 2017 there could be multiple different flashers that were used.

Reactions: Nolines

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I believe the 2020 model year was the first year the headlight flasher was factory. So on the 2017 there could be multiple different flashers that were used.
Correct. Pre 2020 it was not built in to the BCM. If you got factory wig-wags, it was a Whelen flasher module. The module was a little white box on the passenger side behind the headlight. It’s been awhile since Ive done one, but I believe the activation and pattern wires are in the center dash with all the other upfitter wires. Im pretty sure all the info is in the upfitter guide.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Correct. Pre 2020 it was not built in to the BCM. If you got factory wig-wags, it was a Whelen flasher module. The module was a little white box on the passenger side behind the headlight. It’s been awhile since Ive done one, but I believe the activation and pattern wires are in the center dash with all the other upfitter wires. Im pretty sure all the info is in the upfitter guide.
Thanks guys I'll let him know that that's what he should be looking for instead of thinking he should be programming something into the BCM..

Reactions: fp13-2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.