Wanted 3 head Whelen Dashmiser - intact or cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
DMP3H / DM3H - looking to see if anyone has a line on two of these for a homebrew project I'm working on. It's a side thing so not looking for LNIB versions worthy of a collector's price, just trying to get an idea of pricing for a purchase in a few weeks.

Thanks!

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
good luck. those are hard to find and when you do, you’re gunna pay for it unless you find someone who doesnt know their worth

speakin from experience on that one, lol

Reactions: Tango7

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
DMP3H / DM3H - looking to see if anyone has a line on two of these for a homebrew project I'm working on. It's a side thing so not looking for LNIB versions worthy of a collector's price, just trying to get an idea of pricing for a purchase in a few weeks.

Thanks!
The full sized 8 head traffic advisors with the same housing are easier to find, you can cut them down and make a pair of three head units and one single head unit. You can't quite get a pair of 3's and a 2 head because you lose material cutting. I use a band saw but if you are careful a hacksaw works. The guts are easily pulled from a 2 head strobe model, then you add a halogen head in the center from the traffic advisor. You can keep the end caps from the 2 head version and from the traffic advisor. That's how I plan to get mine (I made a few previously).

I will build a second one when I build mine if you want (no projected project date like most of my ongoing builds).

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
The full sized 8 head traffic advisors with the same housing are easier to find, you can cut them down and make a pair of three head units and one single head unit. You can't quite get a pair of 3's and a 2 head because you lose material cutting. I use a band saw but if you are careful a hacksaw works. The guts are easily pulled from a 2 head strobe model, then you add a halogen head in the center from the traffic advisor. You can keep the end caps from the 2 head version and from the traffic advisor. That's how I plan to get mine (I made a few previously).

I will build a second one when I build mine if you want (no projected project date like most of my ongoing builds).
Yep - kind of heading that way, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yep - kind of heading that way, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks!
When you get there, let me know so you don't make the mistakes I did on my first build (also I think I have all the parts). If you find more than one also let me know, I'd like one (I know not likely).

Reactions: Tango7 and Dave F

dptys

Jun 14, 2010
North Carolina
Saw your post on these and remembered I had three of the DMP3S - 2 strobe with center independent steady halogen. They were great lights in the day.

Attachments

• 20211228_210412.jpg
    20211228_210412.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211228_210740.jpg
    20211228_210740.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211228_210935.jpg
    20211228_210935.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 8

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Saw your post on these and remembered I had three of the DMP3S - 2 strobe with center independent steady halogen. They were great lights in the day.
If there are any left I'd like one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.