3M 192 Opticom questions

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I picked up an LP6000 today with the old box type Opticom 192 head in it. I thought this was a remote head but it has some electronics inside it. Anyone have a wiring diagram or more info on it? It conveniently has 3 wires like a typical strobe but with the electronics inside I wonder. I presume powering the red and black would activate and the 3rd wire would change priority (or just be an activation wire with full time power).

Feel free to add what ever you like.8330FEC6-EA98-4F06-BDF6-DC358CC88A49.jpeg

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
It does have stingrays. I removed the inboard rotators and replaced them with the stingrays. I also have a post looking for diamond mirrors and a replacement center section.

I would like more info on the Opticom. I am going to remove it from the bar but not sure if I am going to sell it or put it on the shelf. 20180926_220629.jpg

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
So you're the one who beat me to this one! Hopefully you didn't have to drive all the way to Dresser!

I believe it still required an external power supply to operate. This is just the actual strobe head with some of the components needed to operate but not all. I had a photo of a complete setup for one of these (special switch, strobe head, power supply) but I can't seem to find it. Hope all is well Jennifer!

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
All is good here. I sold an LP years ago and regretted it. Been slowly building back up my light collection. This one looked clean so I drove an hour to get it. It is a lot cleaner and in better condition then I expected.

I am likely going to sell it but have not decided. It has quite a strobe tube in it, bet it is quite bright, would love to see it run.

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
Nice job on cutting the speaker grill. The FD in the town I worked in use to run that same opticom unit in their Streethawks by cutting the grill.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Not my handywork. They did do a good job of cutting it. It has automotive door edging trim over the edges to clean it up and not hack up the Opticom.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevieandrew

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.