420 Minibar Rotator Filters: Can filters for other bars work?

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate NY
I saw there are plastic and metal rotator filters, I'd need plastic.
Someone on FB also showed some pictures showing I can used 180 degree circumfrential cylinder filters to surround the rotators themselves.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I believe all plastic rotators use 2 screws offset on the outer edge of the filter so you would need to look for that type. If you are only using it as a display bar you can use either type and just clip it on. As for the other style filter, not sure if they require a mounting bracket like the Excalibur or not but they do fit in that bar.

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
There are different rotators made for the 420....so naturally different filters. As said above, post a pic of the rotator.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Code 3 went from solid metal rotators that were on par with Federal's Streethawk style to a variety of plastic designs that blackened, faded and dulled quickly. Since LEDs were taking over little effort was made to improve the "new rotators". Like others said, post pics of the rotators and we can tell you which exact filters.

zxaz

Aug 11, 2023
Canada
with fast rotator the 2 screws type filter will 'crack' with the time on the freedom rotator...had to put the circle filter...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.