For Sale 52" Federal Signal Twinsonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
The Minatare, Nebraska, Police Department is getting rid of some surplus equipment. We have some hoops we have to jump through to do this. I can only sell the lightbar to another government agency. I can, however, trade the lightbar for other equipment. Items that I'm looking for are a computer stand for a Panasonic CF29 that fits in a 2006 Crown Vic, stops sticks or spike strips, or other items that a small 2-person police department can use. Who knows what I can use.

The lightbar I got in trade from another agency. It does function but my power supply for testing only could put out 6 amps so the motor was very slow. It has red and blue domes that are in pretty good shape. The speaker cover looks like it had something drilled into the top of it. It also has other lights mounted around it. The alley lights it has work, the red light to the front does not. Since I know the collectablity of this bar, I'm not going to take it apart or try to work on it. I'll let the buyer do that.

Attachments

• KIMG0006[2].jpg
    KIMG0006[2].jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: 10-99.NET

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
It reminds of the the Twinsonics that Scottsdale AZ PD used back in the 80's. They also added the steady round red light and the low hanging alley lights. This is one that I restored and duplicated.010.JPG 004 (2).JPG

Reactions: JohnMarcson

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Might be the motor. Mine was slow also. Took the motor out, took it apart, and cleaned it real good. 40 years of grime doesnt help. Now it works prefect and the speed is up to par.

djmcfall

Nov 10, 2010
Filer, Idaho
I have a complete Havis computer mount that has the base for the CVPI that is surplus to our needs. If you would pay shipping both ways I may be interested in a straight across trade. Call me, Doug at 208-324-0011. Idaho

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
I have a complete Havis computer mount that has the base for the CVPI that is surplus to our needs. If you would pay shipping both ways I may be interested in a straight across trade. Call me, Doug at 208-324-0011. Idaho
Knowing how much this thing weighs it'd be cheaper for me to drive to Idaho.

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Update: I got Crown Vic mount in another trade so I'm not in the market for that. The 2007 Durango we have has a base for a stand installed but it's square. Not sure what brand that would be for the rest of the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.