8 Head Commander

tarheel3559

May 23, 2010
North Carolina
I posted this on the archive site a few days ago but didn't get a lot of replies. I'm trying to mount an 8 head Commander in the back of a Toyota Sequoia on the headliner but I'm having difficulties getting it mounted due to it's weight and the lack of room above the headliner. Can anyone shed light on how you guys are mounting these 8 head lightsticks? such as Commanders, Dominators, Ultralites, etc. I've had this thing for good amount of time and tried several times to mount it and just can't figure out a good way. I know I can't mount it to the headliner itself, as that's a big no-no due to weight and potential flying object in the event of a wreck. Pics of the headliner and where I want to mount it if requested after I get off work tonight.

Help??

dawson75

May 20, 2010
OHIO
SlickTop Solutions said:
For the larger traffic advisors, I pull down the headliner and mount it directly to the roof support in the rear above the headliner. Brackets are made for each application out of one inch wide aluminum stock and bent as needed.

+1

tarheel3559

May 23, 2010
North Carolina
SlickTop Solutions said:
For the larger traffic advisors, I pull down the headliner and mount it directly to the roof support in the rear above the headliner. Brackets are made for each application out of one inch wide aluminum stock and bent as needed.
Dan, what are you using to secure it to the roof support? Self-tapping screws or what?

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
tarheel3559 said:
Dan, what are you using to secure it to the roof support? Self-tapping screws or what?

If there are access holes in the roof support I use a washer on top and a locking washer on the bottom, drill a hole and drop the bolt from the top if there is room. If not, 1/2" - 3/4" self tapping screws with a little dab of locktite added to the threads just after the screw cuts through the metal.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.