911ep ls15

Embert17

Feb 28, 2024
Pennsylvania
I just got a pair of ls15’s in the video when I bought them they were working. I just went to test them since they came today when I first powered the one it was fine and was working but then 2 of the lights stopped coming on and just looking for some suggestions on what to do it is the wired version.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
The next thing I would try is swapping one of the non working heads with one of the working heads. This will help trace the problem to the lighthead or circuit board

Reactions: firebuff17
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
If a head does not work no matter where you put it it could be the led card or a contact issue. Sometimes debris or slight warping will cause it not to light up.

That version uses a metal spacer that goes over the screw inside the lens, it is the electrical connection between the screw and led card. You can try swapping just the LED cards between the lightheads as another test. Just make sure that all the components are in place when reinstalling (plastic insulator, spacer, correct led card orientation and gasket.

I have some red or amber cards available (but no blue) if you get to a point where you feel you need them. Happy to help ya troubleshoot it as much as I can too.

Embert17

Feb 28, 2024
Pennsylvania
If a head does not work no matter where you put it it could be the led card or a contact issue. Sometimes debris or slight warping will cause it not to light up.

That version uses a metal spacer that goes over the screw inside the lens, it is the electrical connection between the screw and led card. You can try swapping just the LED cards between the lightheads as another test. Just make sure that all the components are in place when reinstalling (plastic insulator, spacer, correct led card orientation and gasket.

I have some red or amber cards available (but no blue) if you get to a point where you feel you need them. Happy to help ya troubleshoot it as much as I can too.
Thank you I will try that and then go from there!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.