99 toyota tacoma pov

May 23, 2013
nc
this is my pov setup, i will take pic's of my switchbox and what knot tommrow

setup goes as this

grill = whelen strobes (red)

side markers - whelen haw's both on whelen power supply (clear)

dash = galls dashlight w/ federal signal ricochet power supply (red/clear)

side windows = whelen dashking 2000 6&1/2'' wide strobes (red)

back window = tomar rect 37 strobes (red)

tool box = code 3 led's (red)

tail lights = whelen haw strobes

tool box top = code 3 traffic advisor

will add strobes to either reverse lights or brake lights later

i have dash light on its on switch

grill lights and haw in front are wired together on whelen 75w 4 output power supply, and are wired on there own switch

both side window lights wired to there own switch

back window lights wired to there own switch

toolbox lights come on with main switch

1 switch turns on main power to powersupplys

i have a federal signal 6 switchbox wired with a relay off a switch wired to the acc wire to turn on switchbox, acc switch fused, relay wire fused, and each switch output fused @ 20amp

its my first pov install so i guess it came out ok

let me know what you think, and what would you change or move around as im out of ideas, i have 2 haw's to put in either revers, or tail lights

um, whelen power supply has action flash pattern, does quad side to side on front lights

dash light is on random back n forth pattern

side dashkings set to the 3 bursts and quad flash pattern they have built in (dunno what its called) might be comet flash

back window same pattern as whelen supply

tool box set to random as each light doesn't flash at same speed so random looked better

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
You should take a video during the day and not so close. At night any light will look bright. The guys on here will give you some good input.

May 23, 2013
nc
my camera on my phone cant pick up strobes good in daylight, i got a vid of just fronts on durring the day i can upload to youtube

its bright day or night, any light will be bright at night, but its still good durring the day

still got to add my strobes to tail lights, might do it this weekend

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I think most of the people on here understand that strobes don't show up well in a video. Sure a light/pattern will look good and effective and bright up close. But to see truly how effective it might be in my opinion is to have the worst conditions. Distance, and maybe direct sun. Just a thought

May 23, 2013
nc
daytime video of pov lights, i'll take pics of everything later, and i also put 1 whelen haw strobe in each tail light, there bright at night

what yall think on adding a traffic advisor on top of tool box or in the middle between the red led's on toolbox?

May 23, 2013
nc
got bored today so threw a lightbar or 2 on my truck to see what it would look like, in our dept we cant run lightbars, i guess thats ok

heres a video of a lp mini on the truck, and i show my switch box under my radio, the green switch on the dash controls a relay that powers my switch box

i like the excalibur but it spins way to fast, need to rebuild it with slower rotators on each end and maby a slow one in middle

you cant see it but i put a amber filter in back of clear lens, and the lower flashers, i dunno if i should change the pattern from the way i got it, left red with right amber, and back n forth, to center red to outer amber, or take the red out of it and just make it with amber wigwags and put extra takedowns in middle as i dunno how code 3 designed the lower front section as my bar didn't have anything in front except takedowns

May 23, 2013
nc
well i added my code 3 traffic advisor to the truck today, looks pretty good i think

now it breaks up all the red flashing in the rear with a little amber

didn't have time to take pics due to it being dark tho

special thankx to fireman658 for the code 3 lp 6000 w/ traffic advisor combo

picone239

Jul 22, 2010
Paramus, NJ
I'd move the dash light to the headliner, and would suggest moving the rear Tomar strobes to the rear headliner, but it looks like you did that in the lightbar videos.

May 23, 2013
nc
done a little work to my truck the past couple days

today i added some strobes to my backup light housings, and put my toolbox led's on a led flasher so when i get my code 3 led x's i can sync them together

and i got a advanced warning lights venom interior lightbar in red/clear, just haven't got the time to take a good video of it, i might try to tomorrow, thing is bright as heck

and i swapped out my whelen strobe supply from a 62c to a 690 so i can have a few different flash patterns than comet flash, i think its on action flash atm

this is a video of what i done today

i will soon be getting 4 code 3 led x's to put on my toolbox (2 on back, 1 on each side) and sync them to the led flasher i got, my only setback is my friend has some more ledx's but he needs to get something to seal them from weather with like companys use so he can swap em out on his pov

Last edited by a moderator:
May 23, 2013
nc
its a venom, but yea its really bright, and for the money you cant beat it

great lights, and alot of neat patterns and features, its like having a liberty behind your sun visor

i have now added a axitech micromax 2 in red/white that i will replace the dashking 2000 strobe dashlight with, just haven't got around to it yet, it is really bright for the money also

i now have almost to much light to the front lol

what do you guys think about the tail light strobes? is the white to much? i just thought it needed a little something extra, but the other night those sho-me strobes where lighting up rain drops like it wasn't nothing

i think the last thing im going to do is add some led's to the side of my toolbox so i can remove the strobes in my side windows cause i think it looks kinda tacky, it works, but still looks tacky to me, just waiting on my led x's, and i think it will be finished

i guess its a good volly setup i would say, just want to be seen on side of road, ended up looking like a firetruck lol

May 23, 2013
nc
my current setup as of now

dunno what else to do with the setup

it does ok for what it is i think

i also have a fed sig switchbox with 3 position slide switch and 4 rockers i dont know what to wire to what

i know position 3 will turn on my red/white dashlight, but dunno what to do with the other 2 parts

and i know 1 switch will run my traffic advisor

i'll let yall look at it and get a idea on what you think

how setup is wired as fallows

feg sig 6 switch box

1 - dashlight

2 - toolbox lights

3 - grill lights and mirror lights

4 - lights in back window

5 - traffic advisor

6 - strobe kit, it has the ability to be ran either front on/rear on and so on if that helps with wiring to slider switch

setup is as fallows

dashlight = 911 signal red/white

grill lights = axixtech ms6 red

mirrors = axixtech ms6 red

toolbox = axixtech tir 4 red

back window = code 3 4x6 red/amber

traffic advisor = code 3

strobes = whelen 6 head kit

switchbox i want to use

mAsN0Dg8tiZpt8GbhDZF7YA.jpg

switchbox i use now

SW300-012.jpg

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
It looks like a big red blob. If you'd like more helpful comments post a daytime video like you've been told in the past.

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Much better! You've come a long way from your original set up and what you have now is well done. You've covered front, rear, side, and intersection while not overdoing it. The only thing I would change is to remove the Code 3 lights in your rear window; they aren't particularly effective and they block a lot of your view to the rear. I would also do away with the traffic director unless you spend a lot of time blocking intersections or setting up detours with your vehicle parallel to the road.

May 23, 2013
nc
they got me on traffic duty till i finish more of my classes, so it works for now

here is a daytime video of the tomar leds i put on my front bumper

after watching the old videos im getting to miss my interior bar

i'll probly change out a few things later on down the road

on to video

let me know what yall think about it, i figured out how i wanted to wire my other switch box, now all i have to do is find it, lol

May 23, 2013
nc
added some other grill lights to front

i think im done for now 

might change it up a bit, thinking about mounting the r/a lights in rear window on back of toolbox, and moving toolbox lights to the sides so they will be 2 on each side of toolbox, and then hook them to a led flasher

i still got 4 lin 4's in red/white and 2 lin 4's in red i want to put somewhere but dont know where to put them is the problem lol

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
The grill is too busy with the split grill lights, it looked better with the two solid ones.

May 23, 2013
nc
would you put red/white on mirror and 4 red in grill? 

or just take out the red/white and keep it all red? 

i wanted red/white grill lights but dont know how to go bout it

i have 4 lin 4's in red/white split and 2 lin 4's in red

i dont run red/white at night time just red, i guess i'll take them back out, just wished i hadn't cut my grill lol

might put the grill lights in side windows or something

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
You have enough clear up front with the strobes and the dash light. I think the front looks good as is and would leave it alone. There are a couple changes I would make to the rear if it were my truck however. I would get rid of whatever lights are mounted on the interior to the rear because they don't look very effective and obstruct your view. I would remove the T/A and sell all the LIN4s. I would use the money from selling those to purchase some kind of light stick for the rear, SNM E66, Microman, ect... and that's it. 

The front of your truck looks good as is, it is simple and effective with good placement and patterns. The rear isn't that bad but it could be better. I would not just start throwing those LIN4s wherever they'll fit just because you have them for two reasons. One, split LIN4s are useless and two there is nowhere they fit into your current setup. You'll turn it into a Christmas tree. 

May 23, 2013
nc
1 lin 4 is as bright as my dashlight

the rear lights in back window are for cars cresting a hill, they will see those befor any other light on my truck, i put them there due to haveing lighting on a higher level

im thinking bout moving the code 3 lights to back of toolbox, then moving the tir 4's from the back to the sides, then wiring them to a led flasher

might take the red/white split lights out of grill and put in my side windows at the top for intersection

my general idea was to put 1 r/w lin 4 where the tomars are on side of front bumper, put 1 lin 4 r/w at rear on sides, put a lin 4 red in place of tir 4, then move tir 4 to back side of toolbox to a led flasher

then sync the lin 4's on each side to a pattern, or just put them on something that will look good for intersection

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.