A new form of REACT?

Found this photo the other day, this is the hood/bonnet of the Brush truck come Humvee at the Volly FD in my old AL town.

No, I don't know what it means either.  But I do know that the Humvee was leased to the PD, and they allowed the FD to use it.

spcirttm.jpg

oldhumvee1.JPG

May 10, 2012
New England
I don't quite understand the question, nor how it relates to REACT.

I see a photo with lettering for some agency's critical incident response team, and a photo of a truck and trailer. No civilians running around with quasi-OSHA-approved vests and helmets, no vintage CVPIs covered in lights and antennae, etc.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I don't quite understand the question, nor how it relates to REACT.

I see a photo with lettering for some agency's critical incident response team, and a photo of a truck and trailer. No civilians running around with quasi-OSHA-approved vests and helmets, no vintage CVPIs covered in lights and antennae, etc.
I, too, fail to see the relation

Reactions: kitn1mcc
It just struck me as slightly odd, and amusing that a humvee that is being used as a Brush truck has all of that text put on it.

Edit: I should point out that since the 2012 photo, the humvee has been fitted with a brush fire pump in the back, and been given the above text on the hood

Last edited by a moderator:

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
They were originally gonna go with Tactical Water Assault Team, but upon recognizing their blunder, had to change it quick because the order was already in at the graphics and lettering shop. So that's why it looks like it was thrown together at the last second.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
My guess is that the vehicle was obtained through a program where the unit had to be used for law enforcement. 

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Nail meet head.
I wish I didn't know this situation all too well.  It's very easy for the military/fed to give stuff to LE, not so easy to give to FD/EMS.  Creative allocation is often required.  The gov surplus should go where there is a need.

They (the PD) have about 3-4 humvees in total.  The PD let the FD have one to pull the hazmat trailer (as seen) and the FD decided to make it the brush truck, but it's still leased to the PD.

The other humvees I've only seen used once, and that was when it snowed in 2013, all the on duty Officers paired up and got in the humvees with portable radios.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.