Adam 12 Tribute

Joseph Moore

Mar 15, 2013
Virginia
I wanted to share this with the group.  It is particularly timely with the recent passing of Martin Milner.  I know many (like myself) have been influenced by Adam 12 to follow the profession.  I purchased these lights no to long ago and they are the reproductions.  I added the decals and clear coated them afterwards.  The lights sit on and old street sign I cut and painted white. I trimmed the front edge with door molding to look like the front roof of a car. I found a suitable electronics box on e-bay and painted it black and white to mimic the cars.  I reproduced the switch panel as faithfully as I could to match the original in the series cars.  I also put the Los Angeles seal and "to protect and to serve" on the sides.  There is even a small 12 v siren inside the box.  A 12v power supply sits inside the box.  It is fully functional with individual mechanical flashers in each can so you hear the click click as the amber lights flash.  joe

Adam 12 lights 012.jpg

Adam 12 lights 013.jpg

Adam 12 Lights 002.jpg

Adam 12 Lights 006.jpg

Adam 12 Lights 004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Nice set up you got there.

I have an Adam-12 siren.  It's a mid-1960s Federal PA20 electronic siren with wail, yelp, and alert tones and it sounds just like the siren used for the TV show.  

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
If my collection was just that one item, I'd be happy!

For enough money you can buy them, or at least reproductions.  For such a simple design, they are insanely expensive items. 

Joseph Moore

Mar 15, 2013
Virginia
Pete;  You know I have always been an Adam 12 fan.  You are right on the display, those pictures are from the table in my office.  Getting ready to move my Super Beacon Ray over so this one can sit on the book case in a place of prominence. XO and I need to make a road trip and come see you soon.  Check up on you.  Joe

Mars Light

Jun 23, 2011
Leipzig, Germany
Very nice tribute to the TV series.

One question to the red/amber switch: above postion is red, down is amber. Center is "off"? But in your last pic the red and amber check lamp to the left of switch glow. How is the circuit constructed?

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Very nice tribute to the TV series.

One question to the red/amber switch: above postion is red, down is amber. Center is "off"? But in your last pic the red and amber check lamp to the left of switch glow. How is the circuit constructed?

Center is off.

Down is rear flashing amber.

Up is rear flashing amber plus front steady red.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevieandrew

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.