Added a custom feature to my Aerotwin (Aerodynic)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Hate it? How could anyone hate crossing the smart jet feature over to the aerotwin? Also why wasn't this a real Federal option? This is awesome!

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Hate it? How could anyone hate crossing the smart jet feature over to the aerotwin? Also why wasn't this a real Federal option? This is awesome!
Some people get bent out of shape if you change a bar from factory spec so I was concerned.
I don't think they made the Aerotwin in a 25 Either.

While making it I couldn't help but wonder why it was not a factory option also.
Although the Aerotwin is modeled after the Twinsonic, most of the parts are not interchangeable as the mounts are different. Since the Jet came out after, they must not have wanted to rework the Aerotwin to add that feature.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Some people get bent out of shape if you change a bar from factory spec so I was concerned.
I don't think they made the Aerotwin in a 25 Either.

While making it I couldn't help but wonder why it was not a factory option also.
Although the Aerotwin is modeled after the Twinsonic, most of the parts are not interchangeable as the mounts are different. Since the Jet came out after, they must not have wanted to rework the Aerotwin to add that feature.
The aerotwin was usually a basic bar, on the front of an ambulance or other vehicle that didn't use many options (NYPD was an exception). I suppose that isn't really the market for a "smart bar". But still.... seems like a natural fit.

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
Beautiful ... Blinky-Blinky and Roundy-Round ... I must make one

(for those that actually have used the JS with Sec / Pri / Wail / Yelp / HiLo)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.