Advice Needed

Hochberger

Jan 21, 2015
Iowa
Hello All,

I have a $2,000 budget for lights to outfit a marked slicktop Ford Utility. I have done a lot of research but I am looking for advice on the matter. My main question is about what the best rear interior lightbar is to cut through the tint and control traffic? Also what the best interior bar is to cut through the front tint. Remember $2000!

Hochberger

Jan 21, 2015
Iowa
Me including. Its not my money I'm spending. Its the departments. Been looking for a while and the market it so huge and prices vary so much I was looking for some advice so I don't screw myself by buying junk. My main concern is cutting the window tint front and rear. With a $2k budget its tough. 

Here is what I am looking at:

2015 Ford Interceptor Utility Marked Slicktop

computer/radio/console/Federal Smartsiren etc will all be swapped over. 

All new lighting while using existing siren

New Setina push bumper no extras-no lights

Here is what I have come up with so far:

Front Lighting:

New Feniex Cobra Interior Lighter out 3-1-15- $500 RRRTDTDBBB

Whelen Ion Mirror Beams- One red and one blue- $250

Federal Signal Impaxx for pushbumper- R/W and B/W $ 260

Rear Lighting:

Federal Signal CN Signalmaster 8 head traffic controler- R/B/A- $900

Feniex T6 (2)- One Red and One Blue with License Plate bracket- $119

Side Back Windows- Use existing Whelen SlimMiser

Figures to be just over $2,000

Or Instead of the New Feniex Cobra Interior bar I could go with just a passenger interior bar.

Thoughts.....

Last edited by a moderator:

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
Do a full bar especially if this is a marked unit. If you need to cut back a little bit go with t-6s instead of ions and apollos instead of impaxx. Also a feniex cobra 800 instead of the signalmaster. Contact nic at fever inc and he will be able to help you put togather a package that fits your needs and budget.

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Me including. Its not my money I'm spending. Its the departments. Been looking for a while and the market it so huge and prices vary so much I was looking for some advice so I don't screw myself by buying junk. My main concern is cutting the window tint front and rear. With a $2k budget its tough.

Here is what I am looking at:

2015 Ford Interceptor Utility Marked Slicktop

computer/radio/console/Federal Smartsiren etc will all be swapped over.

All new lighting while using existing siren

New Setina push bumper no extras-no lights

Here is what I have come up with so far:

Front Lighting:

New Feniex Cobra Interior Lighter out 3-1-15- $500 RRRTDTDBBB

Whelen Ion Mirror Beams- One red and one blue- $250

Federal Signal Impaxx for pushbumper- R/W and B/W $ 260

Rear Lighting:

Federal Signal CN Signalmaster 8 head traffic controler- R/B/A- $900

Feniex T6 (2)- One Red and One Blue with License Plate bracket- $119

Side Back Windows- Use existing Whelen SlimMiser

Figures to be just over $2,000

Or Instead of the New Feniex Cobra Interior bar I could go with just a passenger interior bar.

Thoughts.....
Email feverinc.net I'm sure nick will be able to work some kind of deal out- great guy

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
i second what is mentioned above. Feniex lighting + Nic @ FEVER will get you great customer service, a great lighting package and I'm almost sure he can get you the package under 2K. 

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Thank you for posting. Per the Rules, the Installs section is for works in progress, and completed projects, not advice/recommendation threads.

I have relocated your thread to an appropriate section.

Thank you.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
It would behoove you to look at Sound Off stuff.  I know a guy <<<<< that can get it for you.  Let me know if you want me to send you a quick and dirty quote for a light package.  And build it for you :D

Reactions: Retired1

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Front:

Feniex Cobra interior bar R/R/R/TD/TD/B/B/B

Whelen M6 on push bumper R & B

Brookings or ERM HLF

Side:

Whelen M4 R & B on sides of push bumper

SoundOff Intersectors R & B on mirrors

Feniex Cobra 200 R/B in rear 3rd windows

Rear:

Feniex Cobra 600 R/R/A/A/B/B in rear window 

Feniex Apollo F6 dual color R/B on a license plate bracket 

All that comes in at right around $2000 and would make a great warning package. 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
If it is something you are going to move quick on, you could get you a crazy setup if its something for that budget knowing where to shop.

Front, rear, secondary, and even rocker cobra kit on the side if you wanted to for that price. A full bar on an SUV isn't as beneficial as alwayson a limited budget I would suggest going interior bar and a stick on the back.  Get more bang for your buck giving the partial obstruction from the front.  

There are a number of things you can do with that vehicle.  

Front:

Cobra or Pegasus interior bar (depending on how soon you order)

Cobra 400 on the PB facing forward (could abandon that and go with dual stacked T-6's)

Apollo F-6 on side of each push bumper (dual color with white could help add ot alley light)

Side:

Cobra 200 in rear side windows

Rear:

Cobra 600 (Fits perfect in back window)

T-6 or F6 on LP bracket (f6 could be nice for additional rear lighting for backing up)

Cannons in the back lights

Siren:

4200 with siren 

Triton speaker

If you are not needing the controller/siren I'd add a dash light and a pair of intersectors.  (not sure on the price of all that without calculating it but I would think it would be in your range). 

Hochberger

Jan 21, 2015
Iowa
Apollo F6 or Cobra T6 for license plate? What is the difference. My main work area is Highway and interstate traffic enforcement

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Go with Cobra for the highway.  further throw. 

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Nic is the go to guy. I have always had good customer service.

I would go with the Cobra over the Apollo to the rear as well. They have a better punch.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
It would behoove you to look at Sound Off stuff.  I know a guy <<<<< that can get it for you.  Let me know if you want me to send you a quick and dirty quote for a light package.  And build it for you :D
look a GHOST!

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
You can get a Westin public safety pushbumper that will be cheaper (likely) than a Setina, and they are generally in stock at Westin as opposed to 4-6 weeks at Setina.  Very good, and I think they look better than the Setina models. 

We have sold a number of each brand but we consistently get better pricing, better availability, and better customer feedback on the Westins.

http://westinpublicsafety.com/2-4-Light-Page/2-4-Light-Page.html

It shows 2 and 4 lights in the bumper, but you can get a solid top rail if you want too.  Same price.

[Broken External Image]:http://westinpublicsafety.com/Solid-Page/images/Solid-Page_13.jpg

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
I've been down this road but not with your budget.  I can't emphasize this enough:

GET THE REAR LIGHTS OUT OF THE TINT!!!!!

We tried a ton of different lightheads to see what worked well through that rear tint.  Nothing did.

We ended up mounting everything outside of the passenger compartment.  FWIW, the SOS Intersectors mounted upside down are incredibly effective.

This is what we're running:

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
I've been down this road but not with your budget.  I can't emphasize this enough:

GET THE REAR LIGHTS OUT OF THE TINT!!!!!

We tried a ton of different lightheads to see what worked well through that rear tint.  Nothing did.
Of course it's best if you can get lights out from behind the tint, but having good lights behind tint is ok.  We have many hundreds of vehicles in our area with lights behind heavy tint and it works well during the day. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.