Aero bar finished** VIDEOS ADDED*****

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
denko3 said:
whay is the CAL red steady burn on front left side and not on the right side?

is this factory made that on one front side is CAL steady burn and on other front side is red flashing?

are rear amber flashers flashing alternative on the back rear side?

My dept is weird and stupid in many ways. :haha: That was a CDF spec. I asked that a long time ago, the answer I was given is that if we are in the far left lane of travel, the fast lane, it is more visible by two lanes of traffic and more of an effect will be made. I laughed rather hard and said, well if our engines were actually fast enough to travel in the fast lane and not totally impede traffic, I might buy that. But when a fully loaded semi truck at 80k can pass us like we were parked, and cars pass us on the right side, I stay out of the fast lane, and usually dont even run code 3 on the highway. Now all our new equipment is coming with led bars, and the solid red is in the center of the bars.

Yes the rear ambers are opposite the solid red and flashing red. I dont have it hooked to a car battery to operate the rear wig wag ambers, so I didnt show those

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
looks good.

You said that you had 2 bulbs out........when all the rotators are spinning, you dont really notice it unless you look close enough :) .

In regards to the aerohawk question you asked, it uses the same rotating heads as a streethawk, but the bases are different from an actual streethawk rotator.

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
EHFD_Tower_751 said:
looks good.

You said that you had 2 bulbs out........when all the rotators are spinning, you dont really notice it unless you look close enough :) .

In regards to the aerohawk question you asked, it uses the same rotating heads as a streethawk, but the bases are different from an actual streethawk rotator.

Yeah the bulbs out arent noticeable with all the flashy blinky flashy goin on, but I know about em. :D

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Reviving this thread as I just picked up one. It is almost the same as yours; only difference being the center has V mirrors instead of TCLs.

Your bars turned out nice. What did you use to clean the rotator plates? Mine are quite dirty and the finish is really dull.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Toon,

I have had good results with simple green. Either straight if really nasty, or diluted with water.

That and a nylon brush, and an old toothbrush for detailing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
covert

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.