Aerodynic 24MEAH

redrdr67

May 21, 2010
USA CA/LA
Finally got a chance to display this here. I was told this was used on an LA county fire department lifeguard "jet boat" from the late 70's to early 80's. I couldn't find any photos of it googleing. There are no markings such as LAco fire, but he did work for the shop where they serviced equipment. The story on the domes were that they ordered red and blue domes but when arrived, someone told them no red on vessels, so they threw the same blue/amber/clear on the other side. As shown, a relay was installed and small alley lights I've never seen before. Was kind of odd to have the speaker vents towards the rear. Got lucky with a TS200 too. 24meh1.jpg 24meh2.jpg 24meh3.jpg 24meh4.jpg 24meh5.jpg 24meh1.jpg 24meh2.jpg Here it is.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
JetStrobe alleys.
It'll take a bit of dismantling with that old solenoid in there and such but it looks nice and clean inside for being in the salty environment.
I don't understand the "no red on vessels" bit. Towing tugs display red and amber and fire boats display red around here...

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I think the bigger concern would be the bulb in the alley lights heating up to the point that it damages the endcaps and the alley inserts..

never the less neat find.

:)

Reactions: denko3

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
I don't understand the "no red on vessels" bit. Towing tugs display red and amber and fire boats display red around here...
City of Buffalo's Fireboat, E.M.Cotter, the OLDEST fire boat in operation in North America, has Red as well.

CPSS

Aug 1, 2013
Clifton Park, NY
JetStrobe alleys.
It'll take a bit of dismantling with that old solenoid in there and such but it looks nice and clean inside for being in the salty environment.

Thats correct, blue is only for law enforcement on the water.

TITLE 33--NAVIGATION AND NAVIGABLE WATERS
PART 88--ANNEX V: PILOT RULES
Sec. 88.11 Law enforcement vessels.

(a) Law enforcement vessels may display a flashing blue light when engaged in direct law enforcement or public safety activities. This light must be located so that it does not interfere with the visibility of the vessel's navigation lights.

(b) The blue light described in this section may be displayed by law enforcement vessels of the United States and the States and their political subdivisions.

Reactions: Tony P

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
In Canada, the same rule apply regarding the blue light(s) for LE vessels. Though I have seen almost every police agency that is not strictly run by the Govnm't (local police, provincial police) run blue and red.
The flash rate, at least in Canada and many parts of the US great lakes has to be 50-70 flashes per minute. With all the lights combined, it is usually wayyy more than that.

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Interesting that they would put a heavy duty solenoid in there. Maybe they activated the rotators and flashers with one small toggle that couldn't handle the amp load.

Reactions: redrdr67
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Images probably lost during upgrades to elb's forum software.

Where is @ERIC6913 at?
Take note of what the tag reads MEAH-T-4Z and the solenoid.
This is other then the dome configuration exactly the same with jet alleys and all that.

Reactions: redrdr67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.