AeroDynic E1-Z A1-F Mass State Police Wrecker Bar

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
HillRock said:
Thats a cool! That looks like an oldMetro police that was converted after the merger! Still has the metro lightbar and plate! I'd pay a lot of money for that bar and plate !

what is so special about the lightbar?

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
ERIC6913 said:

Its more the dome configuration than the bar, simply an EAH model. Steve Anderson knows the exact config, it is quite different. I would say it would be difficult to near impossible to find an MDC lensed bar, so it would probably bring some cash if it was in nice shape. Now nothing says you can't just order them from FS.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I just picked one of these up today, the bar looks to have had the speaker section blacked out, with the word HOLMES showing through in stainless, the domes are all amber with 1 clear section in the outboard rear sections on each dome, the bar works but the motor will barely turn the lights, it needs work the one end is rusty and had water in it when i got it,

pics to come soon, but the odd thing that I noticed is that this bar has NO work / loading lights, under the clear sections are red (coated) glass par36 s/t/t lights , not the typical metal housing style you find in the 25RWL bars, the other front and rear par 36 bulbs are hooked to a 550 flasher and they simultaneously flash. my bar also has the "side flash" bulk head mirrors, it has 2 gear drive rotators just like the bar above, there is however a small curcit board with some diodes and stuff mounted above the factory terminal strip, it also looks factory .

the domes don't look that great, but there arent any cracks and I think I can make them displayable.

did I mention that it was 15.00????

and ryan, if your reading i picked up a Model 12 Twinsonic , with 2 red domes, but the kicker is a OOOOOOLLD Galls sticker on the siren speaker cover. , and this one was 25.00, but after the nice seller deducted the 50% off discount for a fellow fire fighter it cost me a whole 12.00

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Shawn L said:
I just picked one of these up today, the bar looks to have had the speaker section blacked out, with the word HOLMES showing through in stainless, the domes are all amber with 1 clear section in the outboard rear sections on each dome, the bar works but the motor will barely turn the lights, it needs work the one end is rusty and had water in it when i got it,

pics to come soon, but the odd thing that I noticed is that this bar has NO work / loading lights, under the clear sections are red (coated) glass par36 s/t/t lights , not the typical metal housing style you find in the 25RWL bars, the other front and rear par 36 bulbs are hooked to a 550 flasher and they simultaneously flash. my bar also has the "side flash" bulk head mirrors, it has 2 gear drive rotators just like the bar above, there is however a small curcit board with some diodes and stuff mounted above the factory terminal strip, it also looks factory .

the domes don't look that great, but there arent any cracks and I think I can make them displayable.

did I mention that it was 15.00????

and ryan, if your reading i picked up a Model 12 Twinsonic , with 2 red domes, but the kicker is a OOOOOOLLD Galls sticker on the siren speaker cover. , and this one was 25.00, but after the nice seller deducted the 50% off discount for a fellow fire fighter it cost me a whole 12.00
$15 ??????????? I guess "free" would be the ultimate deal of the century, but this one is definitely in the same category. I'm wondering if your 25RWL is an early production example since it has PAR-36 s/t/t lamps. Look for a date on the motor, that might yield some info.

Oh, how 'bout some pics?

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
ERIC6913 said:

Eric. The bar on the MSP cruiser with the METRO decal on the speaker housing is a MDC bar. The Metropolitan District Comission Police Department was absorbed along with the Registry Of Motor Vehicles Police in the early 90's. The config on the bar was as follows:

FRONT PASS TO DRIVER: CBBR/SP/CBBB

REAR DRIVER TO PASS: RARC/SP/BBBAB

Driver endcap was red with the alley cut out and the passenger was blue with the alley cut out.

Rare bars....very rare.....

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
A+

Looks like Candy.

1question> on the aeros some came with flat head screws and some allens for the domes.. which one was more popular and had more advantages.. :)

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
AerodyMANIAC said:
A+
Looks like Candy.

1question> on the aeros some came with flat head screws and some allens for the domes.. which one was more popular and had more advantages.. :)

From what I have found and I am sure others will second this. The flat head were far more popular. The allen heads were used primarily as a theft deterrant. They actually use an open head allen key like you would use for security screws on your license plate. These were used with LAPD in my experience and maybe others as well.

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
motorolamaniac said:
From what I have found and I am sure others will second this. The flat head were far more popular. The allen heads were used primarily as a theft deterrant. They actually use an open head allen key like you would use for security screws on your license plate. These were used with LAPD in my experience and maybe others as well.

thanks brother.

I remember i had a nypd aero and it allens and screws. It just drove me crazy. But then again in NY you need allens to secure your stuff lol

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I have 3 "big cities" Aerodynic and here's how I got them:

24EAH with speaker section LAPD aero: Flat Head screw

24EAH-T2Z all-light LAPD Aero: Safety star screws

NYPD AeroTwinSonic: Flat head screws

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
toon80 said:
I have 3 "big cities" Aerodynic and here's how I got them:

24EAH with speaker section LAPD aero: Flat Head screw

24EAH-T2Z all-light LAPD Aero: Safety star screws

NYPD AeroTwinSonic: Flat head screws

LAPD wants to protect that all light aero lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.