Aerodynic or Aero tiwnsonic?

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
I have one of these in the garage, domes are toast.. But squeaky clean on insides.. My questions; 1. what is it, Aerodynic or Aero tiwnsonic. 2. amber domes costly? would love to find amber and green. lol but they dont offer it at FS.

Thanks,

002.jpg

003.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
You should still be able to get 4-section AeroDynic lenses from Fed Sig, but they are costly since each they are siliconed together by hand to customer specs.

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
CrownVic97 said:
You should still be able to get 4-section AeroDynic lenses from Fed Sig, but they are costly since each they are siliconed together by hand to customer specs.

Someone here on ELB was able to get them at a pretty good price at one time! I think was either Eric or emtanderson

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Federal signal never made AeroDynic lenses in green. Your best bet is to find all clear domes and put green PAR 36 inside.

Emtanderson51 sells AeroDynic domes to your specs. I think 4 section Aero domes comes around 115-ish per side, including the endcap.

Nice bar you have there! :thumbsup:

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
I couldnt pass it up, hmmm clear on one side and amber on the other i like it...

I used to have the street hawk with real glass mirrors, but its gone..

Still have a mini 6 head jetstrobe, and model 14, and several old whelen edges given to me in the garage, I have to keep room for my babies in my avatar pic.. lol

Thinks of the 9 premium visions I turned down... :(

would be neat to find the X mirror asemblies for this aero.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
CodeMan said:
would be neat to find the X mirror asemblies for this aero.

I personally like the cascade mirrors over the X ones. Sure you don't get as great of rear warning compared to the front, but the bar "pops" more with the cascades.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
CrownVic97 said:
I personally like the cascade mirrors over the X ones. Sure you don't get as great of rear warning compared to the front, but the bar "pops" more with the cascades.

I agree, the X-mirrors literally cut the reflected flash intensity in half.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Great advice, thanks..

I plan on restoring it, so I will be contacting the person listed. I we have a duce 1/2 with the twinsonic on it still in service, I'm waiting for it to be retired so I can snatch it up next. I'll check the lightbar pile before they get crushed.. (the new wave is here LED)..

Oh I'll need to find mounts for the Aerotwin too...

I used to collect lights, but moved on to women.. Should have stayed with the collecting lights.. ;)

Thanks again

ex416

Apr 28, 2011
West Central Wisconsin
looks like a great lightbar to restore. i also prefer the full cascade mirrors. for a wall display the full mirrors provide more of a light show than the x mirrors.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
CodeMan said:
Great advice, thanks..

I plan on restoring it, so I will be contacting the person listed. I we have a duce 1/2 with the twinsonic on it still in service, I'm waiting for it to be retired so I can snatch it up next. I'll check the lightbar pile before they get crushed.. (the new wave is here LED)..

Oh I'll need to find mounts for the Aerotwin too...

I used to collect lights, but moved on to women.. Should have stayed with the collecting lights.. ;)

Thanks again
Lights are a heck of a lot cheaper in the long run too!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.