Aerodynic Variant Rareness

Jun 18, 2013
PA
After now chasing Aeros for a few years I am curious to see what other people find common or uncommon when they run across them.

Not including the holy grail bars (NYPD, LAPD, 24RMC) what do you think is common, uncommon or rare.

This may have no basis in global production... so I am basing my list on what I can locate and how many I have found.

Common bars for me..  24X, 24XQ, 24E, EA

Uncommon,,,  any of the "M" bars  EAH...  25CF

Rare....  any of the T (Takedown) bars,  24H, 25H

Unicorn... TT and S bars.

Just curious to see what other people are finding.. or if anything at all since Aero's are getting harder to find.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Ultra rare would be bars ordered as custom jobs, but as for production rareness, the 24CA is darned rare.  S (Short) bars are also seldom seen.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The S series bars are probably the most difficult to obtain. I also agree that custom bars are the most rare. MotorolaManiac has one that I've never seen as an offered bar. It was a custom made bar for a fire chief in Ohio, but Motorola made it into a Massachusetts State Police wrecker bar. He did an excellent job restoring the lightbar with the custom lense configuration. Very unique indeed.

post-167-14009020477_thumb.jpg

post-167-140090204908_thumb.jpg

post-167-14009020512_thumb.jpg

post-167-140090204999_thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomhae

Apr 22, 2012
Roseville, CA
I googled 24CA, and what I found is the version with the four forward and rear facing sealed beams on the end instead of the common two, is that correct?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
What the hell is that bottom bar? If i was a betting man, i'd say some type of FDNY unit...
It is. Used primarily on Battalion Chief Suburbans.

Also, I didn't think of my own Model 24H (now a 24 since I converted it to 1195 bulbs) for being the rare bar in my collection. Duh :crazy:  ! That's pretty cool I got one of them  :lol:  .

Reactions: Skip Goulet

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Jun 18, 2013
PA
That Mass Wrecker bar is pretty interesting.. I might have another project now.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I have a Scottsdale PD Aero 24EAH that has strobes and a J22 power supply.   The strobes replaced the rear facing endlamps..

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
Old topic but it warms my Aerodynic loving heart to see those beauties!
My most special Aerodynic is the 25RWL-I model I picked up last year, still new in box but about 15 to 17 years old.
The Rotterdam (The Netherlands) policeforce used towtrucks which came directly from the USA. As they were to have a blue lightbar, apparently the towtruck builders put in an order with Federal Signal for the "same towtruck lightbar we always order but then with blue lenses on it".
Once in Rotterdam police service, they were fitted with Whelen Edge's as Rotterdam back then had a contract with the Dutch representative for Whelen.....

Short video of it

https://youtu.be/jN8dLloaauE

IMG_6394.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I'm pretty sure the 24RMC may be one of the rarest out there......I have only heard of 1 department in CA ever using them.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I'm pretty sure the 24RMC may be one of the rarest out there......I have only heard of 1 department in CA ever using them.
Very rare, just try to find the flat mirror on the driver's side and you'll find out just how rare they are.

wolfman

May 21, 2010
Scranton, PA
Looks like I have at least one each of the following rare bars:

24RMC

24CA

NYPD - both 3 1/2 dome and 4 dome section versions

LAPD - both synched rotator and independent rotator versions

and I have the parts, but don't have an 'original' FDNY version.

Now, all I need is the funds to get new lenses for them for the display!  :)

Reactions: emtanderson51

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
What?  Eric is giving away items from his collection?  Don't forget about me, Eric, I'm your long-lost brother/cousin/uncle/father/grandfather/nephew/whatever it takes to get on that giveaway list! :D

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
You send a LAPD Aero with indepentend rotators to me for free? Thank you so much, Eric!!!!! :D
I am not giving away anything, TRUST ME.  I might sell my collection one day as i get closer to retiring, but you still have to wait another 20+ years for that LOL! I do have an extra LAPD Aero with independent rotators though............. :popcorn:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.