AHFD puts a Trailer Queen Camaro out of her misery.

DDCtech

Feb 7, 2012
Renton, WA
Some heavy langauge from the "Lady" and the beginning of the clip. Found this on Jalopnik

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Definitely go slower, lol. It's nice for the back ramp to be facing downwind, would have been a bitch if not. Looks like a rookie on the nozzle, barely holding on to that thing.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
Rofocowboy84 said:
When people start acting like that, I move slower. The car's already lost, insulting me isn't going to bring it back...

Should have hustled her over to the pump panel and told her to get them the water... since this obviously wasn't *her* first fire.

AKRLTW

Jan 21, 2012
AK/NV USA
Hey, the hood needs opening up as well as that side door. We'll need access on the driver side as well, let me go get the K12 and irons.

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
It appears that the owner is attempting to hand the keys to the FF trying to open the side door, then he gets waved back to the curb...

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Zack said:
Should have hustled her over to the pump panel and told her to get them the water... since this obviously wasn't *her* first fire.

Always been my philosophy! You think you can do it better, go for it!

If not, SHUT THE F*#K UP AND LET ME DO MY JOB!!!!

It's just a car, and no life threat. Risk little to save little, risk a lot to save a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
That'll buff right out.

Jun 18, 2012
Virginia
Anyone know what started the fire? Or how long they were (possibly) driving before they noticed it? Firefighters got it knocked down pretty fast, no need for complaints from the owners IMHO.

I think this is just more proof that cars were ment to be driven and not carried around in trailers like museum pieces, unless they actually belong in a museum. A camaro should be driven (unless its serial #1 or something like that.)

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
My first instinct as the owner would have been to unhook the trailer from that $50K+ truck and get it the hell out of there! I thought the FD did a good job on this one.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
If your car is on fire and you don't put it out within a minute or two... it's gone. Get unburned stuff away from it and call your insurance agent. No fire dept saves cars that are on fire... they burn too fast and the damage always totals them.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Im pretty sure its just SOPs but why lay a 5 inch supply line for a car fire? I know its inside a trailer but still a little brush truck with 500 gallons and some AFFF would of been all that would of shown up on scene here LOL. They did a good job and that lady was a bitch.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
If the extinguisher didn't work I think I would have dropped the trailer right there and atleast saved the truck. But if they didn't have the car they probably wouldn't have needed the truck to tug it around. Insurance $$ pay out good, probably losing their butts on the whole deal anyhow.

AKRLTW

Jan 21, 2012
AK/NV USA
Station 3 said:
Im pretty sure its just SOPs but why lay a 5 inch supply line for a car fire? I know its inside a trailer but still a little brush truck with 500 gallons and some AFFF would of been all that would of shown up on scene here LOL. They did a good job and that lady was a bitch.

It ain't a car fire, it's a trailer fire.

Slight >20 foot difference containing who the hell knows. Car hauler? Gonna be all sorts of petroleum fuels, some pressurized and stupid flammable, all sorts of fun stuff in there. I have seen the retarded stuff people do with car haulers beyond car hauling. Think 10'x8'x40' filled full of flammable materials not including the vehicle. RV/ travel trailer? That's a rolling lightweight construction home with triple the normal fuel loading of synthetic materials and a fuel tank to boot.

Laying in is a smart thing to do. SOP out here is a tanker response to any car fire call outside of the hydranted area.

Better to do it and not need it then have to look like an idiot when you overestimate your capabilities on that brush truck, run your tank dry and have to yard LDH to a hydrant yourself... while things are still burning and you've got that bitch screaming at you even more about it now.

oops, i turned on the bumper turret by accident...

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
Station 3 said:

So much ignorance in one single post.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Station 3 said:

My personal SOP, train, prepare for, and anticipate the worst... Work towards, and hope for the best.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
AKRLTW said:
It ain't a car fire, it's a trailer fire.

Slight >20 foot difference containing who the hell knows. Car hauler? Gonna be all sorts of petroleum fuels, some pressurized and stupid flammable, all sorts of fun stuff in there. I have seen the retarded stuff people do with car haulers beyond car hauling. Think 10'x8'x40' filled full of flammable materials not including the vehicle. RV/ travel trailer? That's a rolling lightweight construction home with triple the normal fuel loading of synthetic materials and a fuel tank to boot.

Laying in is a smart thing to do. SOP out here is a tanker response to any car fire call outside of the hydranted area.

Better to do it and not need it then have to look like an idiot when you overestimate your capabilities on that brush truck, run your tank dry and have to yard LDH to a hydrant yourself... while things are still burning and you've got that bitch screaming at you even more about it now.

oops, i turned on the bumper turret by accident...

No, it's just a car fire. With 750 gallon tanks, I absolutely would not have gotten a supply line. Tank water with a jump line or maybe a booster depending on what it looked like when I got here.

As far as the commenting spectators, they would have been soaked before I got done.

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
It is truly unreal how fast a car will burn. Last year while at a rest stop on the PA Turnpike, I saw smoke start rolling out from under the hood of a car 2 that was 2 parking spaces away from us. Thinking it was steam at first because the car had just pulled in and the driver and passenger had just gone inside, I started to walk inside to locate the driver and let him know. I then saw flames through the grille and the paint on the hood was already charring in the middle. Next surprise was that I found a guy sleeping in the back seat of the car. I woke him up and he said that he thought he was dreaming that he smelled something burning. Yeah - you were dreaming it....

Flames and smoke breached the firewall almost immediately and were rolling out under the dash. No extinguisher was going to be effective, and we even had to stop one person from trying to open the hood and use their little 5lb extinguisher. We would have had a real mess if they had opened that hood.

We helped the guy get all of their stuff out of the car and trunk, then got the other cars that were parked around it moved, but in under about 3 minutes from the time I first saw it, the car was going to be a total loss. The guys in the car were 3 college students on the way back to campus for the start of the year. Apparently they had stopped once already to tape up some insulation on the underside of the hood that fell down and started smelling or smoking. It apparently either fell back down, or was smoldering when they taped it back in place.

Car was a total loss. FD took almost 15 minutes to get there as the rest area was on top of a mountain. Those hills on the Turnpike aren't easy for trucks. I can only imagine what it's like trying to move a fire engine full of water up those hills.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.