Airhorn Only"Horn Ring"

Gary599

Nov 29, 2022
Florida
I have a Touch Master Delta. I do have my Factory Horn. If I place the Touch Master into stage 3, I can use my horn ring to use the siren. My question, and I dont think its possible, I would like to actvate the air horn using the horn ring in place of the factory horn. Is that possible?

Gary

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
You can do a relay set up

Gary599

Nov 29, 2022
Florida
Ok, that is above my pay grade, but even if I did have a relay, I don't see anything in the manual that would sound the airhorn on the press of the horn ring.

Gary599

Nov 29, 2022
Florida
Sorry I do see a relay in the manual but does that relay allow just the air horn. Currently have grabbed the horning wires from wiring harness.

I have a Dodge Charger Pursuit........ And I wired in the back of the touchmaster to the two wires from the wiring harness without the use of a relay.

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
The horn ring circuit was never intended to replace the vehicle's horn, it was just a convenient "remote control" for siren features when you need eyes on the road and both hands on the wheel. I came to this conclusion after seeking a way to replace one of my vehicles' horns with the airhorn tone of a Touchmaster. That being said, you can modify one of these sirens to function this way, but it would take some work coupled with knowledge and skill. An easier solution is a relatively more modern siren like a Whelen HHS2200 or similar. Very inexpensive and easily programmed and will do what you need it to.

Gary599

Nov 29, 2022
Florida
The horn ring circuit was never intended to replace the vehicle's horn, it was just a convenient "remote control" for siren features when you need eyes on the road and both hands on the wheel. I came to this conclusion after seeking a way to replace one of my vehicles' horns with the airhorn tone of a Touchmaster. That being said, you can modify one of these sirens to function this way, but it would take some work coupled with knowledge and skill. An easier solution is a relatively more modern siren like a Whelen HHS2200 or similar. Very inexpensive and easily programmed and will do what you need it to.
Sorry for the late reply. I need lighting control, so I would rather get a siren that can provide airhorn on the steering wheel as well as being able to control some lights.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Wait a minute- why can't the siren be configured to default on power-up (ignition) to HORN RING mode with the selected tone being AH instead of SIREN, independent of the lighting? If the Touchmaster can't the SmartSiren can, and I'm fairly certain the Unitrol 80/480 can too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.