Alert Tone guru's, what is this?

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Our medevac dispatch uses the same alert. I'm pretty certain it's just an audible alarm, not a selective paging tone.

Someone on here can probably recite the exact model number and history of the equipment that produces it. :)

CovertRam

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario Canada
Its definitely the alert tones from a Motorola radio system.

my outfit uses those tones to dispatch wrong way motor vehicles on major highways. puckers my butt hole every time I hear that.

However, I do have a great idea for a ringtone....

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
That's a standard Moto alert tone. Been around through the centracom days, so 30+ years. Alert tone #2, I believe.

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
Thanks for the help guys. I didn't know if there was a specific name, so I'll just call it Alert2 then. I added it to my phone to go off when one of the departments in the county get a call (using TwoToneDetect via text) and thought it was different from a standard pager tone...last time I set a M5 pager as my text tone, everyone jumped up at every text I got...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.