All the good stuff combined

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
It's too bad, someone has turned that 1950's era Seagrave into a whackmobile. They didn't have intersection strobes and motorized remote spotlights when that was built. Kind of like putting an Edge bar on a B model Mack.

MIKET2

May 24, 2010
Houston Tx.
Just imagine if they were selling all that stuff on there lol! If that dosen't clear the road I don't know what would, never seen that! :eek:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
First of all... cool! Second, there are items on there that clearly were never manufactured at the same time.....

Still awesome

Sirenman

May 25, 2010
Tucson, AZ USA
That rig belongs to my good friend Tommy Herman and I rather resent it being called a whack job. He has every right to do with it as he wishes. Regardless of ones opinion, you have to admit at it does display quite a number of early and modern warning lights well.

John Dorgan

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Not much of a tailboard to ride, with those straps back there.

Is Centre Hanover anywheres near Mt Horab? Heheheheh

Reminds me of an old squad truck we used to run. It had double sealed beam body flashers, 4 Model 174s in red and white, a Mars light, electronic siren, Q 2 mounted on the roof. Other squads in the area called it the "Circus Wagon".

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Sirenman said:
That rig belongs to my good friend Tommy Herman and I rather resent it being called a whack job. He has every right to do with it as he wishes. Regardless of ones opinion, you have to admit at it does display quite a number of early and modern warning lights well.
John Dorgan

Yes he does have a right to do what he wants, and yes it does display a lot of lights. I meant no disrespect to him personally. But there are many who read this forum and other forums, who restore old firetrucks and police vehicles and ambulance/hearse vehicles, who take great pains for authenticity. Generally if a period car is fitted with a new strobe or LED gadget that wasn't even invented when the vehicle was built, people will rag on it for being unauthentic.

Sort of like if you restored a Q and then plastered TIR3's all around the face of it. Does it display a lot of lights? Yes. Is it authentic for the way a Q looks? No.

Again my apologies if I offended anybody.

police-jimmy

May 23, 2010
Netherlands (Europe)
MIKET2 said:
Just imagine if they were selling all that stuff on there lol! If that dosen't clear the road I don't know what would, never seen that! :eek:

I guess the lights are worth more then the truck itself or am I wrong ....

Authentic or not, it's a huge collection of hihgly collectables.

I wouldn't dare to leave it anywhere without guards or behind a pile of locks and alarms :?

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The Q siren is okay on a truck of that vintage, but the CP25 speaker would indicate that the truck was equipped with an electronic siren later in its operating life.

The Aurora Borealis light bar on that truck is the first one I've ever seen with a red dome. A red dome Aurora Borealis light bar must be worth a small fortune. :shock:

Lightbarnut

Jun 9, 2010
Palatka, Florida.
I think the truck looks great.I wonder if it is still in service.It looks like the department liked it enough that as the years went by they upgraded it with the times,which would be rare.We all know that stuff built long ago was easier to work on than now.A vintage rig with a modern twist.Sure won't see anything else like it.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I don't think it's any different than someone hot-rodding a 50's, 60's or 70's era car. If I found a 70 Shelby GT500 box-stock on blocks in someone's barn i wouldn't alter it, but dressing up motor vehicles is the American way.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Not exactly my cup of tea. I prefer to see vintage apparatus restored to original condition, but that's just me. I will say that he did a spectacular job on all the polished metal parts and the paint job looks fantastic.

Henry455

May 21, 2010
Houston, TX
Very unique and impressive way to display your lighting collection, sure looks a lot better than sitting on shelving in your garage or basement.

MIKET2

May 24, 2010
Houston Tx.
police-jimmy said:
I guess the lights are worth more then the truck itself or am I wrong ....

Authentic or not, it's a huge collection of hihgly collectables.

I wouldn't dare to leave it anywhere without guards or behind a pile of locks and alarms :?
Commissioned security is what I do, I would enjoy having a contract to guard that beast and of course

test the lights and sirens as a reassuring procedure.LOL :lol:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.