Always watch your 6!

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
One of the many reasons why you ALWAYS need to maintain awareness. That, and use some kind of hard-plate armor to stop knives and such. It's a little know fact that you CAN stab through kevlar armor, without a whole lot of trouble.

AZEMT

May 21, 2010
Phoenix, AZ USA
J-Rock1944 said:
It's a little know fact that you CAN stab through kevlar armor, without a whole lot of trouble.

I don't think it's that little known, at least among people who wear it for a living. Soft allistic armor is designed to absorb high amounts of kinetic energy from a bullets. An edged weapon is relatively low energy, and not enough to "activate," for lack of a better term, the high tensile strength of the armor.

But I guess I don't know for sure. I would hope that there aren't cops out there that are walking around thinking that their vest will stop a knife wielding crazy, unless, as you said, they've got a plate of some kind in it.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
When that bitch started going all Psycho swinging the knife and chasing the officer, I am surprised he used restraint and didn't shoot her. And I agree about not reading asinine comments in news stories, No matter what happened, it turns into a police bash. Nuts come out of the woodwork when they feel they can add their .02 cents via "keyboard courage".

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN

There it is....( and yes I know what your talking about)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.