Amber to the front.

Klein said:
I have seen some TXDPS cars with a single, amber, clearance-light type head in the grille. Only off but I highly douby it flashed with the emergency lights. Any ideas what its function is?

Video recording indicator?

Klein said:
I have seen some TXDPS cars with a single, amber, clearance-light type head in the grille. Only off but I highly douby it flashed with the emergency lights. Any ideas what its function is?

Some police cars in Virginia have that too...

South Dakota has a law that if Red or Blue lights are being emitted (flashing or steady burn) then all vehicles must come to a complete stop before proceeding past the EV. Thats why SDHP and most agencies now are running bars with a single amber on the far drivers side that is only lit with the back arrow when they are on traffic stops.

I absolutely hate this idea. First of all they are taking away one of the most seen modules to be used for amber and since most departments wont run amber with the red blues its just looks like a module is out. Then is the fact that when approaching them they look like a tractor mowing ditches, not like a traffic stop in which individuals are out walking around the car. The whole thing has cause me many headaches in my time.

The other thing to consider is that every fire and ambulance in the state (that I know of, and I have seen a lot of them) with the exception of Yankton Ambulance (2 of their 5 rigs) has no amber to the front. So any traffic accidents thats all you see is the R/B (yes fire and ambulance have a hard on for red AND blue, dont like that a whole lot either) So essentially every time anything other than a police car is on the side of the road the law is not being followed. Which is fine with me as very few departments have anything besides and occasional TA or single amber rotator on an engine. This though causes the whole law to not be followed. I dont know of any civilians, much less fire/EMS, and most cops that are aware of this law and even if they were the mixed messages would cause mass confusion.

I like the idea of some R/B along with a lot of amber to the rear for good warning and identification purposes. As far as to the front, Yanktons ambulances do look good with an extra color mixed in but most people probably dont notice it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNConstable