Ambulance Base Siren

RES318CUE

Nov 5, 2010
NY, USA
Im trying to figure out what the alarm is that goes off in our base when we get a call, its an electronic sounding hi - lo, we call it a klaxon, but im trying to find some audio of it and i cant find any! Anyone have any ideas?

RES318CUE said:
Im trying to figure out what the alarm is that goes off in our base when we get a call, its an electronic sounding hi - lo, we call it a klaxon, but im trying to find some audio of it and i cant find any! Anyone have any ideas?

That's a pretty broad question. Kind of like asking "I have a car in my garage with a horn, but I can't find any audio of what it sounds like". Do you have a manufacturer and model for this siren? Is it up on a pole outside of the building or inside? If you could post pics of it, that might help as well.

PC Comms said:
That's a pretty broad question. Kind of like asking "I have a car in my garage with a horn, but I can't find any audio of what it sounds like". Do you have a manufacturer and model for this siren? Is it up on a pole outside of the building or inside? If you could post pics of it, that might help as well.

hahahhahah thats exactly why i came here, i have no idea what this thing is, im trying to figure it out, its a tone that goes of inside of the base when we are alerted for a call, i know alot of companies around here use it.... next time im up there ill try and find it.

RES318CUE said:

I know its a long shot but:

That's a full sized air raid siren. I think he's talking about a station alerting system (aka a speaker on a wall inside that emits a tone).

RES318CUE said:

Its called a "Call-Tone" Most stations and dept's have them Each station has their own call-tone. When they are dispatched out that tone goes off prior to the call being anounced.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381