And also got my soon to be knock off Visibar

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
Well I did a tentative test of what I want to do with this bar today. I kinda dont wanna reveal my plan yet, but at the same time I want some opinions.

I have all but one light that I bought from a member here, dont even wanna say who just yet cuz it may reveal what Im gonna do......

So, do I show ya all now, or wait??????? :undecided: :undecided: :undecided:

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
Ok, since its not complete, Im not revealing my full vision. So here it is:

Do I do the two Dietz 211s and two lollipop lights, which also happen to be Dietz, with the CP25

Or just the two 211s and the speaker.

Personally, I think WITH the lollipop lights looks better, too plain without them, but my concern is how will it look with them operating on an alternating flasher next to the two 211s??

PB090069.jpg

PB090068.jpg

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I have the whole bars with feet, most have mounting hooks also. I have one with dual deitz beacons, that is a deitz bar also, and I have 1 that has a ecco amber mini lightbar, plus a stack of them that are bare( no lights just feet and the bar)

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
I got some suspense for you guys, he he he......One of my upcoming projects involves glass, blue plastic, stainless, noise and some oscillation!

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Captain4164 said:
Ok, since its not complete, Im not revealing my full vision. So here it is:

Do I do the two Dietz 211s and two lollipop lights, which also happen to be Dietz, with the CP25

Or just the two 211s and the speaker.

Personally, I think WITH the lollipop lights looks better, too plain without them, but my concern is how will it look with them operating on an alternating flasher next to the two 211s??
Do the two Dietz 211s with the Lollipop lights, It looks fantastic that way! Please post a video of it in action once you complete it! Great job! I love your thinking! :yes: :thumbsup:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Another vote here for dual Dietz 211's and dual Dietz lollipops. That's a very wide bar, it needs "balance" and without the lollipops it looks barren.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
A Visibar rack is incomplete without a speaker. The two Dietz beacons, lollipop blinkers, and the CP25 in the middle would look great in my opinion.

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
Ok guys and gals, IM second guessing myself.....

I got another Dietz 211 from Charlie, Thanks for that! Nice light!!

Ok, here we go....

The bar shown here is 75" long, so more lights is better obviously for that much room.

I also bought the Dietz bar, with two 740 amber dome beacons from Shawn L off this site, as shown above in the first picture of his post. Waiting for those to arrive.

NOW.....

Do I put the two 211s on the short bar, since they have four beams? And put the two 740s on the long bar since the lollipop lights are on that bar???

Im also considering clear domes on the 740s for the long bar, then put a red and a clear beam in each light for more eye catching.

Almost like to do the clear on the 211s and do two red and two clear in those too....

Decisions decisions decisions

:undecided: :undecided: :undecided:

Oh, PS, Skip, clear out your messages!!! Cant send anything cuz it says your over your storage limit!!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
On the subject of using clear domes with red and clear bulbs...

Since these are not synchronized beacons, how about setting up with one side with a red dome or clear dome and red bulbs and the other side with a clear dome and red and clear bulbs? Clear flashes are much more visible than red during the day, but at night they can be distracting. Without synchronization you can end up with all clear flashes for a while until the motor speed mis-match between the two beacons mixes the flash colors.

Getting Dietz beacons to rotate in opposite directions might be possible, but they would have to be electrically isolated from the bar. That's going to be tough as you will need to use metal bolts to connect the beacons to the bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
stansdds said:

Since these are not synchronized beacons, how about setting up with one side with a red dome or clear dome and red bulbs and the other side with a clear dome and red and clear bulbs? Clear flashes are much more visible than red during the day, but at night they can be distracting. Without synchronization you can end up with all clear flashes for a while until the motor speed mis-match between the two beacons mixes the flash colors.

Getting Dietz beacons to rotate in opposite directions might be possible, but they would have to be electrically isolated from the bar. That's going to be tough as you will need to use metal bolts to connect the beacons to the bar.

Great info, THANKS!! Ill keep all that in mind, may just keep the 211s all red then.

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
I always liked the look of a second color on dual-beacon bars. Maybe an amber dome on one of the 211's?

Definitely keep the large beacons on the long bar and the smaller beacons on the short bar.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
stansdds said:

But being DC don't you just reverse polarity to get motor to spin opposite? That's how window motors work, right?

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
stansdds said:

That would look awesome!!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Kd8bao said:
But being DC don't you just reverse polarity to get motor to spin opposite? That's how window motors work, right?

The motors definitely will, but the motors are grounded through the metal beacon base. I have a 7-11 and a 211-WW sitting on a display shelf, both have two-wire hook ups. I checked with an ohm-meter and applying positive voltage to the positive lead and touching the negative lead to the base completed the circuit just as well as touching the negative lead to the negative hook up wire. That is why you would have to electrically isolate at least the beacon you want rotating in the opposite direction.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiemartin6

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.