another craigslist salvage day. Grote, Vector, Tripplights

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I was interested in the Grote bar when I saw it on Craig but wasn't interested in the shipping cost lol nice grabs!

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
emtanderson51 said:
I was interested in the Grote bar when I saw it on Craig but wasn't interested in the shipping cost lol nice grabs!

Everything looks better on the computer, well, most of the time.

The Grote setup is ok, the beacons work GREAT, all bulbs light up and they rotate smoothly. The red lenses I got are junk. One could be usable with a bit of silicone in the top but they are dinged and cracked all over. The blue one is in serviceable condition. The two ambers are relatively new and have seen very little use. I'd hazard to guess the guy I got it from wacked around town with the ambers on it. They have a newer model number stamp and only a bit of bug residue on them. Bar appears to be a Visibar and the mounts are AeroDynic

The Tripp Lights are going to come out ok. The blue lenses aren't in too bad a shape. They need a good polishing. The little Vitalite or Grote in the middle is pretty much shot. Poor guy got crushed pretty bad. But he does light up and rotate. The rest of it is scrap.

The Vector was a last minute buy, guy brought it out when I was looking at the Tripp. Threw it in for a few bucks more. I know NOTHING about Vectors, other than my Caprice 9C1 had one when in service with Fremont, California PD. I'm not putting power to anything on it until I know what I'm doing. I'm not sure if this thing requires a controller to work or not, it has a regular hacked up harness, no phone lines running around it.

Taking offers on everything. I might pick something to keep for myself but this was a salvage run. These had languished on Craigslist for so long and I was so close I couldn't stand it anymore. More pics forthwith-

[Broken External Image]:http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/kadetklapp/IMAG0863.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/kadetklapp/IMAG0862.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/kadetklapp/IMAG0861.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/kadetklapp/IMAG0860.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
A very good day for you, Kadet. Nice work!

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Thanks for sharing your haul! Could you possibly take close up head on frontal photos of your crossbars and vector light, I have not seen any tripp or grote bars before, eventhough they may be somewhat common.

Thanks

Todd:D:D

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Wigwam700 said:
Thanks for sharing your haul! Could you possibly take close up head on frontal photos of your crossbars and vector light, I have not seen any tripp or grote bars before, eventhough they may be somewhat common.
Thanks

Todd:D:D

They aren't factory setups. The beacon bars are just individually powered beacons that someone strapped onto a girder and mounted on their truck. In the case of the Grote setup, I think it's a Visibar frame. The TrippLight beacons are mounted to a home made aluminum cross bar.

Lightbarnut

Jun 9, 2010
Palatka, Florida.
Don't be too overly concerned about that Vector bar. The one you have is a standard Vector, no special functions. You can power it up and test it like any other regular lightbar. 1 or 2 rotators should be fast and the rest slow speed. Clear domed pods 2 and 6 hold the TD, AL and RF.

I got a literal pickup truck load of these once from my local PD. Not one of them worked right and I ended up parting them out and scrapping them for the aluminum.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Well the Vector appears to work OK. Impressive light throw. I've never messed with one before. Might just keep it for my 9C1 as I doubt it's worth the hassle of selling/shipping.

Can anyone tell me if the Grote beacons would be model 7620?

Also, in regards to the SignalMaster on the Vector- Is it possible to seperate it and operate it stand-alone?

Last edited by a moderator:
May 27, 2010
Beeville, TX
The Grote's look like 7620's for sure, there used to be an older Chevrolet wrecker around my town that had two of them on the bed. You couldn't miss that truck when they were on, they really threw some light.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
redneckwelder87 said:
The Grote's look like 7620's for sure, there used to be an older Chevrolet wrecker around my town that had two of them on the bed. You couldn't miss that truck when they were on, they really threw some light.

Yes they do, these things spin pretty quick for four-bulb beacons.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.