Any "mods" out there for an AeroDynic? Need advice.

kadetklapp

Veteran Member
May 21, 2010
Indiana
Our '96 Ford roll-back wrecker has a mid-90s production two-rotator AeroDynic on it. One of the bulbs has burnt apart and needs replaced. I'm not finding any PNs printed on it anywhere. This is a slow-speed rotator with round mirrors.

So, once I get this resolved I'd like to "mod" the bar. It's a miserable lighting piece. Very little FPM and there doesn't seem like all that much room to add anything. I was considering adding two regular MX7000 rotators.

MX7000 rotators are way too small, but XL5000 rotators are bigger so they'd probably be about right.

You might want to try a pair of tin-can strobes instead, that's not something I know of being available in any Aerodynic.

Well, small is good at this point because there isn't much room in this bar due to it's huge mirrors, tail/turn light assemblies, and rear work light assemblies. The bar does have front flashers. I'm thinking about moving the flashers to face the the front center and install MX rotators on the outer edges. MX rotators are basically all I've got to work with laying around. Might be able to scrounge some Streethawk parts that might work...

Also, found out the bulb is a standard H1.

kadetklapp said:
Well, small is good at this point because there isn't much room in this bar due to it's huge mirrors, tail/turn light assemblies, and rear work light assemblies. The bar does have front flashers. I'm thinking about moving the flashers to face the the front center and install MX rotators on the outer edges. MX rotators are basically all I've got to work with laying around. Might be able to scrounge some Streethawk parts that might work...

Also, found out the bulb is a standard H1.

If im not mistaken, mid 90s Aerodynic should have streehawk rotators (minus the raised tripod base) You gould add a higher speed motor, those aeros are pretty effective, and being on a roll back, that should suffice. You dont need it on while hauling, just while loading, 2 rotators should work fine, the front flashers help, maybe add something for rear intersection and youll be covered.

like other have said, i replaced the motors to a medium speed, junked the S/T/T lights ( changed them to oval led s/t/t lights mounted under the roll bar/ pylon), as well as changed the work lights to under the roll bar just inside of the s/t/t leds, I used some bright par 36 lights in adjustable housings this created the 2 slots for from the s/t/t's and the 2 from the work lights , I put a pair or par 36 strobes to the front where the front flashers were originaly, and a pair of par 36 strobes to the rear where the s/t/t lights were originaly, I used a sealed tomar supply that mounted to the front of the cascade mirror, the front flasher assys were moved to the imiddle of the bar, and the work lights became rear flashers w/ amber bulbs . it was a decent upgrade for a older truck in our fleet.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381