Anyone done an install on a Dodge Journey?

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
I received a call today giving me a heads up for an install job on a Dodge Journey. Looking at pictures of the vehicle on the Dodge website, it doesnt look like it will be too hard. This will be an unmarked police vehicle and what I had in mind is as follows:

Either Whelen Slimlighter or Dual Avenger above RVM,

2 Whelen Ions in the grill,

Possibly 2 clear Vertex in the fog light area,

TIR3's mounted on front license plate bracket (for intersection)

Sound Off Intersectors on outside mirrors

Whelen Dominator in Rear Window

2 blue or red Vertex in back up lights,

possibly Ions or something in rear side windows (for extra side warning).

I think this would give very good coverage, even though this is a Captains vehicle, and the lights will probably never be turned on. But, better safe then sorry.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Sounds like a pretty well planned design. How often will this vehicle be running code? Just wondering if you would need Ions in the rear side windows, or even the Sound Off Intersectors on the mirrors. Definitely an interesting choice for a captain's vehicle, I could see it as maybe SWAT or a narcotics unit, not as a captain's car.

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Respondcode3 said:
I have owned one and done a build on one for my shop. They aren't that difficult the only trick is getting a hole in the firewall

Im assuming they dont have an access in the grommet where the cars main wire harness goes thru, like the Chargers do?

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
twodogs603 said:
Im assuming they dont have an access in the grommet where the cars main wire harness goes thru, like the Chargers do?

No... I found it up high on the drivers side near the brake booster. We drill our own and don't use factory wire grommets unless it is designed for that purpose

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Respondcode3 said:
No... I found it up high on the drivers side near the brake booster. We drill our own and don't use factory wire grommets unless it is designed for that purpose

The Charger does have an access where the main harness goes thru the firewall. I was hoping the Journey might have it too. Oh well, im not afraid to drill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.