Anyone else have issues with Galls?

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
So, this is a interesting one..

Ordered my pushbumper through Galls over a month ago. When I was ordering (had to via the phone since online wasn't an option) they asked me if I wanted mid or full coverage. I wasn't sure what that meant, so I asked, and the CSR hadn't a clue as well. They asked to put me on hold for a few minutes while they called and checked with the manufacturer.. CSR came back a few mins later to the call and explained mid was just the grille protection, and full was with the headlight/wrap protection.

So, I asked what the price difference was and was told its the same price. So I ordered full.  When I received the invoice from Galls it even listed two items in the QTY, so I just assumed what the calltaker told me was true, and I was getting both items for a good price.  (see attached image)

Screenshot 2014-08-15 11.45.30.png

So anyways, after going to pick it up (I had it drop shipped) there was only one box, which I found surprising- how did they fit it all into one box? Opened it up, and only found the pushbar- no wrap. Called galls and spoke to another CSR, who was quite nice about the whole situation and was promised they would look into it and call me back within an hour or so. That call came, and they were still looking into it.

So today I get a call- apparently they pulled the call recordings (which I told them to do) and according to galls- there is no mention of the difference between mid and full, nor do I ask a single question during the order call.... Which I find quite odd, since I clearly recall asking about it. Further that, here is a image of their website, showing the mid/full option, with no clarification/description of what it means.

Screenshot 2014-08-15 11.55.19.png

Now, I'm not one who orders pushbumpers ever. I don't know what the different order codes, etc means, so I relied on the information the CSR provided to me when I called in with my order/inquiries. Why galls is claiming I never made those inquiries is beyond me... Only thing I can fathom is they don't want to spend the extra money to provide the product I was told i was purchasing.  At this point they are still reviewing the issue before making a decision- mind you once they claimed I never asked about it- well... It doesn't take a genius to figure out what they are planning for a decision. At least they said they are going to see if I made any other calls prior the sales order- theres a chance I called a day or so prior asking about product information- after all this is going back over a month now- maybe I did make an inquiry call before ordering. Oh, and their explanation as to why the invoice has two items listed- the second item is apparently "just something to do with their internal ordering system for custom information" (doesn't that normally just get placed in a "note" column?)....

So, anyone else ever had any weird order/information issues like this with galls? I've ordered from them a few times in the past and never had an issue before...

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Galls will be Galls. I've seen them screw up orders in mind blowing ways. My department ordered jackets from them one time; when they arrived they were two completely different police departments orders for jackets, in the same box neither of which was us. I think they even had their patches on them already.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
So the customer team lead persons resolution is for me to "return the item unopened and no install attemps" at my cost- for a refund- less shipping costs.

Funny that has nothing to do with my order issue....

I've hopefully escalated my concern to the next person in the management team and I'm also contacting my credit card company

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Years ago, when my brother was a vollie ff, he ordered a pair of car floor mats with the Tazmanian Devil in fire gear. On the floor mats, he wanted the personalization to read "KCFD 46". When they showed up, they read "KCSD 46". He called Galls and they blamed it on confusion due to the fact that King County Sheriff had just made a big order. Funny, at the time they were still King County Police. Yes, they changed their name, but even after three change it was KCSO But I digress, their first offer was that they would replace them for free ifhe just paid the return shipping. After talking to a supervisor, and raising some hell, they decided to change their tune and pay for everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mrlunchbox

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
I've only ever purchased boots or duty items from Galls. Even then, I just GO to the Galls store in Lexington KY when I need too. The one time I did order online, they sent me the wrong sized boots. -__-

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I haven't bought anything from galls until I found out that they bought out quartermaster and are still using their name!!!

so now I don't buy from them either

Reactions: CodeMan

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
So it continues... I have spoken with a customer service manager- they offered me free shipping and 15% (yes fifteen percent) off the purchase price for the side wraps. I said that was not acceptable.

They also found the first phone call I made where I asked questions- it was about an hour prior my actual order call- yet that phone call was not recorded for some reason. I asked them to speak to the customer service rep I spoke to, maybe they recalled the phone conversation and what they stated it'd come with but that person no longer works there.

I dunno, I find it all too convenient for galls to both not have that one phone call recorded, and the employee who took the call no longer employed there.

I asked them who do I raise my concern with next- apparently the VP will be calling me sometime... My credit card company is more than willing to do a chargeback so I think its going to end up going that route.

And the icing on the cake-  I took the pb out of the box- its scratched up. (and the box has very minor wear/damage on it- but the pb scratches don't match up at all with it)...

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I've bought small stuff from them in the past (like late 90's) with no problems, but nothing that big.  The few things I did buy were pretty generic though.  Nothing that was vehicle specific, multi colored, certain size, etc.  Did some price research recently on some different items (reversible winter gear, duty boots, Whelen stuff) and Galls always seemed to always be near the top when it came to prices.  (Seriously you cant beat the prices for Whelen stuff on ELB :) )

I personally wouldn't recommend them to anyone I know just because of their prices.  If they do get the order right I will say their shipping is really fast...but that's just my experience. 

Hopefully they do right and sort it our for you.  Keep us posted.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
They offered me an "ok" deal on Friday considering they are now going to ship direct to my home (Canadian) address. I said I still wasn't happy and wanted to think about it.

Been trying to reach the manager since yesterday am. I just want to get the parts I was told to expect. Emails, phone calls going unanswered at this point.

And to think I'm willing to spend hundreds more to fix their mistake. .... and they won't even respond.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Just order setina stuff factory direct. Have then ship it to me if they don't do Canada. I'm only a couple hours from their factory where i live.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Just order setina stuff factory direct. Have then ship it to me if they don't do Canada. I'm only a couple hours from their factory where i live.
Galls was over 100 cheaper on the pushbar VS ordering direct...

I'm almost at a resolution with Galls.. I hope it'll work out tomorrow. I heard some back today. I'll still be spending more money, but I should (hopefully) have all the proper parts mid week next week.... which is when I need to install it by.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
They recently bought Roy Tailors, the biggest of the 2 full line public safety uniform stores here in Columbus. They had contracts with 2/3 of the police, fire, & sheriffs depts in Central Ohio. In fact, the Columbus Fire Quartermaster has its offices right next door to make things easier. It will be interesting to see how many of those contracts they hang onto....

Reactions: FireEMSPolice

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I've only bought a hi vis rain suit for my dad a year or two ago and had no problems. But then recently I requested a catalog to look at something they sent me a catalog that was pretty trashed up inside a sealed envelope. Also had quite a few pages missing.

Nothing serious but after that and me just thinking they are too high, I won't order from them again.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Well it seems we have come to a resolution. Still costed me hundreds more but I need the parts I was expecting to get. At least they are shipping express and direct to my Canadian address.

Now, if they follow through with the email updates as promised I'll be even happier. They already missed two days and wasted half a week before that already.

Grumble. Still. Last. Time. Ever. Ordering. From. This. Company.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
The only time I have bought from galls is when they had that deal a few years ago strobe tubes and cable bundled for really cheap.  I guess they were trying to clear them out. 

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
 Don't think I'll be ordering anything from them anytime soon. Today I finally received my catalog from them that I requested over 4weeks ago. Really........Wow!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
What is making me scratch my head is one of their head managers agreed to 4 requests I sent via email. One of those requests was to have the product delivered to me before end of this week..... Dont think that's happening now. Setina may of received the order today. Galls won't even reply to me right now.

Guess I'm calling tomorrow. Wonder what their excise will be this time. They should of placed the order last Thursday with setina.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
My offer stands. Setina ain't that far....

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
They recently bought Roy Tailors, the biggest of the 2 full line public safety uniform stores here in Columbus. They had contracts with 2/3 of the police, fire, & sheriffs depts in Central Ohio. In fact, the Columbus Fire Quartermaster has its offices right next door to make things easier. It will be interesting to see how many of those contracts they hang onto....
 Hate Roy Tailors!

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
Just a guess here. Two things, the mid looks to have different hole patterns then full...wraparound bars not included.

And a company like Galls isn't concerned about the customer who orders one or two things every ten years. Of course, you could be the buyer for ABCD huge department but that kinda thing goes out to bid. Ever wonder how they have been in business all this time when their prices are through the roof on so many things?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.