Anyone have a spotlight on their POV?

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
KCOEM9103 said:
Here's mine.

http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/powder-coated-painted-unity-updated-more-pics-13669/

Figured I'd need it for the Zombies. I'm still looking every few days for a passenger side light. I'll do it if I can get a deal on one.

I love that! I plan on painting mine as well when I get it (the mount and shaft I mean) I originally seen that here SPOTLIGHT (Post-Mounted): Inst. w/pics - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum and loved the way it turned out.

How well do you like the LED bulb?

D

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
Ultimate D said:
How well do you like the LED bulb?

I'm curious how well you like the Whelen replacement as well. I've been contemplating changing my halogen out for the LED. The only draw back i could for see is the LED wouldn't have the distance the halogen would. Other then that they look like they perform really well and look pretty sweet.

KCOEM9103

Aug 16, 2010
Elgin, IL USA
The Whelen replacement has been great. I think the beam pattern is perfect. It is a pretty tight beam as you get further. But it works great as a utility/deer light. I have mine running through a flasher and can activate flash via the cencom. It makes a great long distance, aimable warning light.

mayhemnyc

Nov 8, 2010
NYC

Goodsam

Jun 26, 2011
South western Utah
just ordered post mounts for my 04 silverado pics and video will document it all fingers crossed:bonk: :duh: :popcorn: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Goodsam said:
just ordered post mounts for my 04 silverado pics and video will document it all fingers crossed:bonk: :duh: :popcorn: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Just take your time when you start drilling through the A pillars. Other than that, pretty straight forward installation.

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
Eric1249 said:
I been debating putting one on my 2004 Explorer. It would be one of those nice to have things. I wonder how it would look?

You have to do it now dude. This went from a "should i?" to a "im doing it!!!" thread :haha: Plus your ride is pretty sweet and with all the black accents on it a black Unity spot light would be right at home on your truck :thumbsup:

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Jeremy0966 said:
You have to do it now dude. This went from a "should i?" to a "im doing it!!!" thread :haha: Plus your ride is pretty sweet and with all the black accents on it a black Unity spot light would be right at home on your truck :thumbsup:

I agree! Haha

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Goodsam said:

Looking forward to it! Post a link here to your install when you get done. (If you don't mind).

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Jeremy0966 said:

Thanks. I haven't really looked much into the spotlights. Are they universal other then left or right side?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Eric1249 said:
And here I thought I was done with my lights. lol. Where is the best place to buy a spotlight? Unity the way to go ?

Unity is the only compnay I've seen that makes them... You can order them through their website, or through a dealer like P1...

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Eric1249 said:
I been debating putting one on my 2004 Explorer. It would be one of those nice to have things. I wonder how it would look?

It would look exactly the same, but with a spot light.

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Eric1249 said:
And here I thought I was done with my lights. lol. Where is the best place to buy a spotlight? Unity the way to go ?

They are very expensive from Unity directly. I would go through a dealer. I ordered mine through Dealer's Truck Equipment in Little Rock. It will end up costing me about $140 for light and mount (just one).

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I looked up Dealer's Truck Equipment in Little Rock, they have a terrible website. I am sure if I get a spotlight on the left I will want one on the right side as well

Goodsam

Jun 26, 2011
South western Utah
Im putting Crown vic ones on my Chevy according to Unity the only differences it in the shaft work and for me the difference is 1" longer than the ones made for the chevy. we shall see how mine turn out the spotlights were free to me and the mounts were 85 shipped from VLSUSA.COM cheapest that I could find. When they come in ill be working on installing them. and it looks like crown vic ones are easy to find

Goodsam

Jun 26, 2011
South western Utah
@ Eric1249

if looked correctly you need the same ones I needed so you should be fine with a old Crown Vic set off of ebay for cheap and then just get your mounts and your set good luck:)

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Goodsam said:
@ Eric1249

if looked correctly you need the same ones I needed so you should be fine with a old Crown Vic set off of ebay for cheap and then just get your mounts and your set good luck:)

Thanks for the help. I have afeeling I will be spending more money lol

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
How hard are they to install? I found a kit for $145 a side. (new) that's not too bad. I think upgrading to an led will be more then the light itself

Goodsam

Jun 26, 2011
South western Utah
Eric1249 said:
How hard are they to install? I found a kit for $145 a side. (new) that's not too bad. I think upgrading to an led will be more then the light itself

Ill let you know after i complete it with pics and video of mine for better or worse LOL i have a very nice write up from another member and the two major points i got was take your time and check your alignment as you drill.

im also considering going for the aftermarket HID kits to get maximum Brightness we shall see i think digital 55watt HID bulbs would light up the night well. :undecided:

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Eric1249 said:
I looked up Dealer's Truck Equipment in Little Rock, they have a terrible website. I am sure if I get a spotlight on the left I will want one on the right side as well

Yeah, website does not have much info other than contact info. They keep the chrome head spotlights in stock. I ordered a black one, it was about $10 extra for special order. IIRC the spotlights are $103, and the mounting kits are $29.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I found one for $145 plus shipping. I am close to ordering one. I am wondering how hard they are to install? I like the Whelen replacement that allows it to function as a spot light and/or flash red/clear. I wonder how the switching works for that? Do you have to add a seprate switch?

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Eric1249 said:
I found one for $145 plus shipping. I am close to ordering one. I am wondering how hard they are to install? I like the Whelen replacement that allows it to function as a spot light and/or flash red/clear. I wonder how the switching works for that? Do you have to add a seprate switch?

If I understand correctly, I think it has something to do with the sequence in which you turn it on and off at a certain rate if that makes sense.

AKRLTW

Jan 21, 2012
AK/NV USA
I have 2x Unity's on my blazer for offroading. Also handy for when I'm using it to pull people out of ditches in the winter, easier to hook up tow straps.

I installed one on the 02 impala we had, after being a pre-firefighting assist on a single vehicle MVA, multiple rollovers. I couldn't position my vehicle safely in order to illuminate the crash at all with the headlights, and got a light off ebay for $50 shortly thereafter. Well worth it on both vehicles, the only thing that keeps me from mounting one on my Silverado is the whole "through the A pillar and nick the door" bit combined with having to reposition an electronic gauge for boost/EGT/air pressure... it's meant to reside right on the A pillar where the handle would be poking out.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
heres a GOLIGHT mounted on an 2013 F150. The reflector design is pretty cool, turn it to the front and it still provides full beam over the lightbar.. For what its worth, highway speeds doesnt effect the operation and mounted in this location it gives REAL 360* operation..

012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Strobe Craft

Jul 23, 2011
IL
Well there not "spotlights", but they are old Unity spotlights. Had a few busted up ones, so rather than throw them away, I took them apart. I mounted two (Black housing and bulb) on the pushbar. I get almost 4x the distance of my high beams with these, plus they fan out, covering the axis. Love it!

car push lights.jpg

car whole.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
Update on my truck and better pics of the Unity i have. I added some off road LED light bars behind the new grille i got. Suckers are bright. I have two 10" bars behind the grille and I'm in the process of mounting a 20" bar in the lower bumper were the fog lights are.

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_20121226_140841_zpse86237b0.jpg

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_20121226_140817_zpsc3b72cf8.jpg

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_20121226_140830_zps8084ae00.jpg

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_20121226_140850_zps223374d8.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.