Anyone Installed A Warning Bar Using The Sun Visor Mounts In A Trailblazer?

timkenfire103

May 24, 2010
Brewster, Ohio
I have a 6 head warning bar that I am wanting to mount to the front interior using the sun visor mounts. I have some ideas and plan on using aluminum but just havent milled out the brackets yet. Just wasnt sure if anyone has already done something like this and could post pics or could offer some suggestions. I refuse to drill any any holes in or through the headliner

Thanks

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
timkenfire103 said:
I refuse to drill any any holes in or through the headliner

Thanks

Duct Tape!!!!! :bonk:

i did a GMC envoy a while back, put a 6 head dominator at the top of the windshield. we made brackets out of some thin sheet metal and then sprayed them flat black. worked real well. wish i would of teken pictures so i could help you out. sorry:sadcry:

wrench1

Jun 5, 2010
MI
The last one that I did we had the headliner out of so I made some brackets that were mounted to the roof support and came out between the headliner and roof then supported the bar at the top of the windshield worked great and looked better than the sun visor brackets as you did not see much of the bracket this way but if you have to use the visor brackets they work well. But it's also not hard to drop the headliner. Just depends how much work you want to do.

Trisdisp57

Jun 4, 2011
Long Island, NY
my last install was on my old 04 dodge intrepid (may she rest in peace). I had 2 ghost lights on the top of the front windshield. I mounted them on a piece of sheet metal and slid them up inbetween the headliner and the roof of the car. The sheet metal was long enough to hold them tight with very little bounce

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
I had considered an interior bar for my TB, but never went through with it. Would be nice if anyone who DID put one in, had some pictures to post...

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
Im considering getting one of those CPS bars for my 2005 TB. Its hard to beat for the price. I'd like to see some pics of an interior LB installed too before I go through with it.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Zapp Brannigan said:
I had considered an interior bar for my TB, but never went through with it. Would be nice if anyone who DID put one in, had some pictures to post...

The Sheriff's Department I work for has a TrailBlazer with a split interior bar. I'll try and get a picture next time I see it. I work 1900 to 0700 and the Capt. of the jail drives it, and he gets there at 0800 to 1600. :rolleyes: I believe it's a Gen1 Phantom.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
THEFLASH said:
Im considering getting one of those CPS bars for my 2005 TB. Its hard to beat for the price. I'd like to see some pics of an interior LB installed too before I go through with it.

I can honestly say that its a great bar for what you pay for. If you have any tint, I would go with the high intensity version. I havent had a chance to get my hands on one yet to test out, but my buddy had one in his f-350 and it was bright as daylight. I think you'd be happy with it. PLUS, now its in dual color!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.