Anyone know where I can get a SPDT mercury switch?

picone239

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2010
Paramus, NJ
Looking for a SPDT mercury switch to control my rear lights. Ideally, once the back hatch is opened, the headliner mounted bar would shut off, and lights mounted to the hatch would turn on. Do they make mercury switches for this application at a reasonable price, or should I just go with two mercury switches (one in the closed position, one in the open position with the hatch closed)?

You could hook up the mercury switch to a bosch style relay. Wire the bar light to the normally open position on the relay and the other lights on the normally closed to where when the switch is activated, it swaps what has power on the relay.

If this doesn't make sence I hope you make the idea. Been a long day at work.

Paul

blackcherryxj said:
You could hook up the mercury switch to a bosch style relay. Wire the bar light to the normally open position on the relay and the other lights on the normally closed to where when the switch is activated, it swaps what has power on the relay.

Paul

^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^

You're not going to find a mercury switch that is SPDT. I don't think there is such a thing.

blackcherryxj said:

Paul

This is the only way i've found to do it, as i've never seen a single pole double throw mercury switch.

#30 & #85 to switched power source that powers the headliner & hatch lights.

#87a to one set of lights

#87 to the other set of lights

#86 runs through the mercury switch, to ground.

Depending on the mercury switch position, you may need to configure the outputs appropriately.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381