Anyone know where I can get a SPDT mercury switch?

picone239

Jul 22, 2010
Paramus, NJ
Looking for a SPDT mercury switch to control my rear lights. Ideally, once the back hatch is opened, the headliner mounted bar would shut off, and lights mounted to the hatch would turn on. Do they make mercury switches for this application at a reasonable price, or should I just go with two mercury switches (one in the closed position, one in the open position with the hatch closed)?

blackcherryxj

Jan 1, 2011
Western Kentucky, USA
You could hook up the mercury switch to a bosch style relay. Wire the bar light to the normally open position on the relay and the other lights on the normally closed to where when the switch is activated, it swaps what has power on the relay.

If this doesn't make sence I hope you make the idea. Been a long day at work.

Paul

lite-em-up

May 23, 2010
Eastern Missouri
blackcherryxj said:
You could hook up the mercury switch to a bosch style relay. Wire the bar light to the normally open position on the relay and the other lights on the normally closed to where when the switch is activated, it swaps what has power on the relay.

Paul

^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^

You're not going to find a mercury switch that is SPDT. I don't think there is such a thing.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
blackcherryxj said:

Paul

This is the only way i've found to do it, as i've never seen a single pole double throw mercury switch.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
#30 & #85 to switched power source that powers the headliner & hatch lights.

#87a to one set of lights

#87 to the other set of lights

#86 runs through the mercury switch, to ground.

Depending on the mercury switch position, you may need to configure the outputs appropriately.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaptainKeram

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.