Anyone looking for this?

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
:salivate: wish i wasn't broke either!

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
Is that a Mars (888) light in the front middle position, or is it a rotator? (I'm viewing on a small laptop screen and it is hard to make out the details, even when I take it to max size.) I'm assumng it's a rotator since there probably isn't room for the 888, but since stranger things have happened, figured I would ask. The bulb size is what's making me ask.

patrol530

May 23, 2010
Central Florida
stansdds said:
That dome is toast.

A few years back, I ran across a scientific surplus site that was selling these domes for cheap. They even recommended you could use them as serving dishes for coleslaw and the like. Sadly, I can't recall the site, although I'm sure they are long gone.

Sirenman

May 25, 2010
Tucson, AZ USA
This poor sould can't even read the fact that this is a Spectrasystem mini bar. These came with an 888 type of light in the center. It performed that same as the 888, but the mechanics were quite different. These were made in sizes up to 55" and with almost any combination of rotators, flashers, and 888s that one could want. They were also quite expensive.

John Dorgan

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
Sirenman said:
This poor sould can't even read the fact that this is a Spectrasystem mini bar. These came with an 888 type of light in the center. It performed that same as the 888, but the mechanics were quite different. These were made in sizes up to 55" and with almost any combination of rotators, flashers, and 888s that one could want. They were also quite expensive.
John Dorgan

That explains why that light in the center looks like an 888 - if someone here gets it, we need pics of the mechanicals inside.... Thanks John!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.