Anyone remote a FedSig Touchmaster Delta?

EMSChief1

Jul 17, 2010
NY/NJ
Ok, I know what the common response is going to be....just use a Omega 90 amplifier. But, the tones and sweep order are different. I really like the more "ringy" sound of the Ultra HiLo from the Touchmaster as well as the fast Wail to Futura to Ultra HiLo sweep it uses vs. the Omega. I have the Omega now and want my Touchmaster back in, just don't have the room.

So, has anyone remoted the unit? I'd like to mount it in the back and control it off some Havis switches.

Shouldn't be too hard. Just have a SPDT switch to control the Wail/Yelp and connect it to the connections at the knob, and another for the manual/sweep and horn.

You make it sound so simple. So, has anyone done it? Do you think I could take the whole front of the siren off and maybe cover it up with some 1/8 inch ABS after running the wires?

In case you didn't realize it, you can set up your Omega 90 so that it will sweep only the tones you want via the internal dip switches. You don't have to sweep through all 8 sounds. The Ultra Hi-Lo may not sound exactly as "ringy" as the TM-Delta does but it sounds very simular.

Black Hoe said:
In case you didn't realize it, you can set up your Omega 90 so that it will sweep only the tones you want via the internal dip switches. You don't have to sweep through all 8 sounds. The Ultra Hi-Lo may not sound exactly as "ringy" as the TM-Delta does but it sounds very simular.

I have a feeling he has realized that but just likes the tones more on the UTMD. I could be wrong. I have to agree with him on that, though. The sweep is just better sounding on the TMD than the U90. I have the same tones set as the TMD but from from wail to yelp to ultra hi lo is better than the same tones on U90. If only U90 had the exact amp the TMD does. *sigh*

I was able to remote my TM4. I soldered wires to the back of the bypass, airhorn and siren control switch. It wasn't bad at all to do since the contacts for the switches were easily accessible. The problem I initially found was the internal voltage for the siren control is 5 volts, so I couldt use a normal switch for it. I then hooked it into my PCC8r since you can do dry contact relay switching from it. I'll try to get pics up of it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381