Applying for national registry emt

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
So I was thinking of applying for my national registry for EMT-B. I was reading that I have to do a skills test over, do I really have to.

I have been an EMT in jersey for the past 4 years. I was thinking of going out to Ohio next summer for a summer job and was reading that in Ohio you need to have National Registry to apply for an Ohio EMT. I REALLY REALLY don't want to take a skills test again.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
https://www.nremt.org/nremt/about/reg_basic_history.asp#Lapsed_Certification

Lapsed Certification

If your National EMS Certification lapsed as an EMT-Basic / EMT within a two year period or you are currently state licensed as an EMT-Basic / EMT, you can obtain National EMS Certification by completing a state-approved Refresher course and successfully completing the cognitive and psychomotor examinations. If your EMS certification expired more than two years ago, you must complete an entire state-approved EMT-Basic / EMT course and complete the cognitive and psychomotor examinations.

The EMT-Basic / EMT refresher course can be completed through two different options:

Traditional refresher course - an approved DOT National Standard EMT-Basic / EMT Refresher

Continuing education topical hours* - refresher may be completed by continuing education and must include the topics and hours listed below:

Topics Hours Required

Preparatory 1 hour

Airway 2 hours

OB, Infants, Children 2 hours

Patient Assessment 3 hours

Medical/Behavior 4 hours

Trauma 4 hours

Elective 8 hour

Total 24 hours

* Some states require the traditional refresher course and will not accept continuing education hours. Please refer to your state’s particular requirements.

** A maximum number of 10 hours CECBEMS approved Distributive Education can be applied to refresher education.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
ark_firefighter said:
I asked if he was going to work out there... its about the only "summer" emt job up this way.

+1 Ohio sucks

Cedar Point and most other amusement parks hire part time EMT's.

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
I was going to do cedar point. I am friends with a girl who is a supervisor for the ticket seller people, whatever they are called. The only thing I know I would have to do would be to take the advanced airway class because NJ EMTs dont do advanced airways.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
NJEMT said:
I was going to do cedar point. I am friends with a girl who is a supervisor for the ticket seller people, whatever they are called. The only thing I know I would have to do would be to take the advanced airway class because NJ EMTs dont do advanced airways.

Living in CP's dorms can get interesting. I was hired as a "non-bonded" officer there. I resigned when I realized I could make more at my Security gig with less crap then my buddy who was a "bonded" officer there. Having lived in Sandusky, its a crap town.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Hoser said:
Its a PIA, like the state cert much better........Its all about money.

They are the reason I couldnt be an EMT...fuckers! I passed the class, both my practical and written but kept getting stuck when it came to NREMT. Since I live not to far from their offices/HQ, I should go take a piss and a shit on their door.

May 22, 2010
Columbiana County, Ohio
NJEMT said:

I don't know about every where in Ohio but I know in Lorain County Basics are no long allowed to do advanced airways.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.