Arjent (or knockoff?) Shoots clear of truck after explosion.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Watching a video I noticed the lightbar blown off the truck after explosion. How the wire harness came off but the bar is still intact after that is beyond me. It must have just ripped the complete internal wiring out.

It is just before the 2 min mark and they play it twice.

I have never laughed at a lightbar getting destroyed... until now. Not about the make of the bar, just how it turned into a saucer.

Reactions: firebuff17

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
yeah... our old agency had tons of these fly off patrol cars.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
one separated completely.. alot of them stayed attached and beat the hell out of the back of the car.

I've seen some rollovers where lightbars have come off the roofs and the cables were severed.

Most of those wires have quick connections at the board depending on the lightbar. WOuldn't take much to rip the cable right out of the bar.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Thanks. I guess I didnt think of the difference between an SL vs S2, I have only seen inside an SL. Since the S2 uses the ROC boards it makes sense that it would be just one internal connection vs a spiderweb of wires and zip ties. I was just amazed to see one seperate and go flying like that in one piece.

Reactions: Dingo

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
FD here has several tractors with Aerodynics, none of which are wired up. Just makes the truck look official, I guess.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.